Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest we just want to let you know that our Privacy Terms have changed. You can read them here: New Privacy Terms

Oil change

Discussion in 'TDi - SEAT Diesel specific topics' started by teeth2k, Jan 23, 2018.

1. teeth2k

teeth2k Full Member

Do people recommend using oil extraction pumps for oil changes to save the hassle of jacking the car up, removing the under tray, removing the sump bolt?

Sent from my Swift 2 X using Tapatalk

2. cheshire cat

cheshire cat Full Member

yes but with any "first time" it's a good idea to do it both ways suck then remove the plug to see if you've done a good job some cars even with an experienced operator will leave too much in there

3. verbal_kint

verbal_kint Senior Member

I do an oil change every 6 months using an extraction pump for 3 changes then drain via the sump.

By playing with the extraction pipe I can move it around to keep finding little pockets of oil, even sucking out inside the oil filter housing. Some of that will never completely drop to the sump so would be missed in the normal drain method.

Getting a magnetic sump plug (Opie do them here) helps with keeping any nasties out of the system.

#3 verbal_kint, Jan 28, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2018
  4. R3k1355

R3k1355 Senior Member

Oil filter should be doing that job to be fair.