Oil consumption Leon MKII

Cezar

Oct 17, 2018
Hello everyone!
I own a Leon MKII 1.6 MPI with ~117.000 Km (2005 - 2009).
I have added 2L of oil(1L at a time) since last service(at ~112.000 Km), after checking the manual and found that oil level was too low.

Since the last time I added oil, I did ~ 250 Km and now the oil level is very low, and I belive 1L of oil should
bring the oil to the normal level. That would bring the total oil added in ~5350 Km to 3L.

I've also broken the dipstick tube and it's no longer sealed.

If my calcultions are ok, the oil consumption is somewhat normal.

Do these numbers sound alright or should I worry? Also, should changing gears > 3000 RPM affect oil consumption?

fozzybear

middle aged speed freak
Feb 4, 2006
halifax,west yorks
Shouldn't use that much oil, no-where near.
I,ve a 2.0 cupra 240 petrol with 152.000 and over 10.000 i,ve used 1.5l of oil and car gets some hammer up & down motorway ,i,d say it was a little bit over normal especially if short trips.....but get new tube for dipstick as seal needed around dipstick for proper running vacuum.not expensive and fairly easy to swap...good hard tug with a little waggling.fitting is a firm push till you feel click onto metal tube....

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Sharpy

This place has cost me a fortune....
Oct 2, 2018
I have a 2.0 diesel and can go between services without it needing any, i also have a 1.6 diesel van and again very rarely put any in. I’d say this is very high and suggests a problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cezar

Oct 17, 2018
Thanks everyone for your replies. I'm going into a service this week, I will post updates after I find what the problem is.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.