Oil leak Leon Fr

Kelleher85

Jun 22, 2016
Just had car serviced in main dealer who’s informed me that there’s an oil leak coming from either the camshaft or crankshaft which has contaminated the timing belt. Been told that new seals, timing belt and water pump required. Been quoted over €1000. Is this figure reasonable? (Posting from Ireland) Is it a job that could be carried out properly by a local mechanic rather than a main dealer. The car is a Seat Leon fr 2.0 diesel 150. I’m absolutely green when it comes to motors/mechanics so all replies are greatly appreciated.

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
Just had car serviced in main dealer who’s informed me that there’s an oil leak coming from either the camshaft or crankshaft which has contaminated the timing belt. Been told that new seals, timing belt and water pump required. Been quoted over €1000. Is this figure reasonable? (Posting from Ireland) Is it a job that could be carried out properly by a local mechanic rather than a main dealer. The car is a Seat Leon fr 2.0 diesel 150. I’m absolutely green when it comes to motors/mechanics so all replies are greatly appreciated.
How many miles have you done and what year?

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
I'm sure a local garage can do the work. Worth getting a price from them. Just check and keep in mind I think Seat do a 5 year warranty on timing belts. Indy do 1-2 year warranty usually. So depends how important that is to you.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.