oil light flickering and engine jumpy on new car!! please help!!

shaneseat

Apr 21, 2009
well......for the driving issues, i cleared the codes.... (is this when youve done autoscan it asks you to save/clear etc and you select clear all dtc's? and then checks all again??)

then drove down the road for about 2/3 miles just taking it easy.

in any gear, when just slowly accelerating its sorta jerky , giving 3/4 jerks then smoothing out normally, then change gear same thing, etc etc.

on cold morning it was quite loud/rattly/white smoke to start, but after i took it down road, i left for an hour started first click, no smoke.

i checked codes again still coming up timing fault.

im dropping it to a guy tomorro and hes gonna check the timing to see if its right,(i hope he can sort it out) previous owner had said it had just been done, not sure on that one, so just wanna get checked out. he says if h has to do timing he'll replace water pump at same time.

im hoping its a simple timing issue as he said a car came in with similar fault code and ended up costing 1700 to fix as owner had used dodgy diesel and everything was full of sand.

ideally, id like it to be something much cheaper, like a dodgy sensor etc but i suppose if it is this, then i can have peace of mind timing has been done too.

shaneseat

Apr 21, 2009
fingers crossed ;)

dropped it into the guy there, so getting timing done again, it would be something i would have liked to have been double checked anyways.

on another note guys, where can you get a legit copy of vagtacho?

everyone on ebay says their selling legit copy and i cant seem to find a home page for the company?

shaneseat

Apr 21, 2009
well guys after a long wait to reply............i'll tell you the craic.

on the sat i left car down to mechanic who put it up on ramp, phoned me straight back and said, this motors ****ed.

theyve stuck a duff engine in it, theres leaks, theres pipes missing, theres clips and brackets missing, theyve fired this in any way to get it sold. then i twigged and got him to check engine number, and after some enquiries found it came from an 01 golf. the head had also been done, suggesting a hard life or at least serious remedial work.

the v5 had not been updated to match new number so this was my avenue to go back to seller, as it technically is fraud to sell car that does not match details on v5

i went back to house on sat, talkked to the guy, not expecting anything and expecting to lose my money. after a week of texting, him saying it was my problem, emailing, and generally threatening legal, dropped car off and got my money back tonight.

im sure ive lost a stone this week, stressed is not the word. just so glad whole thing is over. ill deffo be goin back to mechanic for next car inspection........and yes............definitely before i buy it.

thank you guys for your help, im just gonna buy a 1970 beetle i have my eye on lol

Cupra Ross

Breaks things............
May 15, 2005
Edinburgh, Scotland
What a complete and utter ar*ehole that guy is! Well done getting your money back Shane. Don't let it put you off the VE TDi, its a great engine when its actually intact.

shaneseat

Apr 21, 2009
cheers ross, and thanks for the pm too mate, sorry for not gettin back to you but didnt want to bother your head until i figured out what was happening with car.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.