oil light on trip meter

rocky2008

Buy Cheap Buy Twice!
Nov 16, 2008
North-east
does anyone know how to turn the word oil off that comes on when your car is due a oil change? without using vagcom...just the same way you turn the service message off i guess but ive forgotten how too lol :(

jeffscarborough

Without leaving the settee, I seem to remember it tells you how to reset it in the car handbook.

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
does anyone know how to turn the word oil off that comes on when your car is due a oil change? without using vagcom...just the same way you turn the service message off i guess but ive forgotten how too lol :(

With ignition completely OFF - hold in the trip reset button and whilst holding it in, turn on the ignition.

When you see ---.--- turn the button to the left or the right to reset.

tun ignition completely off again (key out) - then turn on again and it should be reset.

rocky2008

Buy Cheap Buy Twice!
Nov 16, 2008
North-east
With ignition completely OFF - hold in the trip reset button and whilst holding it in, turn on the ignition.

tun ignition completely off again (key out) - then turn on again and it should be reset.

thanking you! will try this tomorrow :D

m_d_c13

I have just tried this operation and it works THANKS:clap:

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.