Oil Light??

Dave_88

Dave The Rave
Jul 2, 2008
Marske-by-the-sea/Antrim
Was wondering if anyone else has an oil light that works on their mk2? Mines the tdi 140 sport and a couple of times when ive checked the dipstick its been bone dry and a light hasnt even come on on the dash? :confused: I no you shouldnt rely on a light but it also acts as a good indicator for any other problems. Also when the level drops to low the car goes into "limp mode" and doesnt rull full boost. Is this a safety featue to prevent wear or is this just happening because the engines realy low on oil?

help appreciated :D

Dave

owen lcr

orvil
Oct 10, 2006
montrose, scotland
im sure it goes into limp mode when it hits the low level sensor aswell as bringing a light on the dash, sounds like yours is going into limp mode but not showing the light? think you light may be fooked. have you got MDF on your car?

Dave_88

Dave The Rave
Jul 2, 2008
Marske-by-the-sea/Antrim
I found out that when i got the car the engine had been changed so it had a brand new engine in when i got the car. So maybe they havent plugged a cable in? Yeah I have MDF

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
The sensor is in the bottom of the sump, but like I say cant say i've seen one fitted on a SEAT as yet.

HotHatchSteve

Jul 6, 2009
My oil light does not come on with ignition either. According to a mechanic mate VAG does this with a lot of cars because they reckon by the time the light comes on its to late.

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
Right, the oil pressure light and the oil level light are two seperate things.

When you order a replacement sump and/or engine they always have the hole in them so recon engines or new sumps will eather have a blanking plate or a level sensor bolted into place to blank the hole off even if not required.

WeeG

Nov 5, 2008
Largs , Ayrshire
Same thing happened to me mate, car wouldnt start, checkedthe oil, was bone dry when i shut the bonnet the car started but was in limp mode, until i topped it up. Next day i changed the oil. And no lights, apparantly a vag mechanic i spoke to said if thelight comes on its to late lol

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.