oil light?

Blanco92

www.racedriversinc.com
Apr 11, 2010
Bournemouth/Cheshire
Hi I need some of your expertise again my car come up saying oil the other day so as you do I filled it and did the usual but it still seems to think it's low does anybody know if it takes time for it to recognise it again or do you think the sensor is messed up
Your car is petrol right?

Do you mean the oil warning light or the "oil" text underneath your mileage?

If it's the latter, it's not a low oil warning, it's just saying it wants an oil change. Yes, the car gets serviced every 10k (all filters, spark plugs and oil) but it wants an oil change every 5k on the 1.2 models.

Sam B

I have a similar thing. My Ibiza Cupra Tdi was comign up close to the 4yrs/80k service and I had my mate do the service for me at Seat but he didnt reset the switch. Now the spanner isnt on all the time or insp but it does show the spanner and a 100 (I presume this is the count down to the service) when you turn the ignition on then it disappears. Now i've tried the method shown to reset this however it doesn't work! Do i need to wait till the service is shown as due (spanner showning all the time) to reset it?

gtdi

cheers lads this is big help just sorted my car after my service the oil light turned on !

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.