Oil Pressure Gauge - ls it worth it or not...?

D_O_U_G_I_E

100% Beach Bum
Aug 26, 2008
Midlands
You mean how the sender works? ... Im no engineer but I ass-u-me there is a tiny dwarf inside the sender who reads it of a tiny oil pressure gauge and then proceeds via morsecode send the readings to another dwarf inside the gauge itself who in turn rotates the indicator.

yea, that's it.

:givein: Yeah, alright...l walked in to that one!

No, what l meant was how does simply bolting the sender on the top of the housing get any readings? l cant see how it would work like that! lts not like you're pluging it in to something...

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
You mean how the sender works? ... Im no engineer but I ass-u-me there is a tiny dwarf inside the sender who reads it of a tiny oil pressure gauge and then proceeds via morsecode send the readings to another dwarf inside the gauge itself who in turn rotates the indicator.

yea, that's it.

:lol::lol:

turbin

:givein: Yeah, alright...l walked in to that one!

No, what l meant was how does simply bolting the sender on the top of the housing get any readings? l cant see how it would work like that! lts not like you're pluging it in to something...

sorry, I just had to...

when you remove the bolt there is an opening into the oil system. Then when you bolt on the sender, oil pressure goes into the sender and act on a pressure plate or something. Dude...

D_O_U_G_I_E

100% Beach Bum
Aug 26, 2008
Midlands
sorry, I just had to...

when you remove the bolt there is an opening into the oil system. Then when you bolt on the sender, oil pressure goes into the sender and act on a pressure plate or something. Dude...

So there's no tiny dwarfs after all!? Gutted! Would have been quite a cool 'spec' to put below my sig! :clown:

Cool....that makes total sense now! Cheers for your help turbin!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise