Oil pressure switch...

May 22, 2020
Hi guys and girls...
I've many issues with the car..2005 leon cupra r...first my oil light and buzzer came on...oil level is ok.. drove abit and it came on...but was off when I set off...I can replace it...but haven't a clue where it is .as in location...I hope it's just that...
2ndly cant open osr door...or passenger door...both worked ok...windows all work...

Cannot get door card off...I'm assuming I'm gonna just have to break them ...mot failure if I cant open doors...thank you for any information regarding both problems

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
Hi mate, from memory the oil pressure switch screws into the top of the oil filter housing. These engines can suffer with blocked oil pick ups, may be well worth the time to drop the sump and replace the pick up pipe. Removing the sump is fairly stright forward on the 1.8t.

No need to break the door cards, pulling the rear seat up should allow you access to that one, front door is secured by 2 screws in the handle and 2 torx bolts that screw into the bottom of the door pocket. Sliding the passenger seat fwd and right back should allow access needed to remove them.

May 22, 2020
Hi mate, from memory the oil pressure switch screws into the top of the oil filter housing. These engines can suffer with blocked oil pick ups, may be well worth the time to drop the sump and replace the pick up pipe. Removing the sump is fairly stright forward on the 1.8t.

No need to break the door cards, pulling the rear seat up should allow you access to that one, front door is secured by 2 screws in the handle and 2 torx bolts that screw into the bottom of the door pocket. Sliding the passenger seat fwd and right back should allow access needed to remove them.
Thanks...I'll try switch first...and the cards...well I'm sure if I damage them I'll be able to get a set somewhere..I hope it's the switch...if it's the pick up pipe then itll be next on the list...

Rich.T

Feb 15, 2020
Probably screwed into the oil filter housing aswell. If not, its possibly not too far away.

saleem786

Mar 2, 2022
ive checked all around oil filter i only see oil temperature sensor..but am not 100% sure seen a sensor back off the engine just behind air filter..

saleem786

Mar 2, 2022
Probably screwed into the oil filter housing aswell. If not, its possibly not too far away.
new oil pump n pickup pipe new sensor still got oil pressure light..yesterday i noticed engine heats up very quick thats when oil pressure comes on
cooling fan not kicking in..
any idea

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.