Oil smoke in car

Jan 11, 2019
Hi
We have a 2000 1900 diesel Alhambra, we are having really bad problems with the windscreen misting up, but we cannot clear it!!!!! No matter what we wipe the screen with it just smears it, on a recent trip to UK we had a real problem seeing where we were going------- extremely dangerous, the car should have been impounded and scrapped for the risk to us and other road users!!!!!!!!---------- you think this an exaggeration?????
I'm afraid not!!!! In over 50 years driving the most dangerous car we have driven!!!!
SO------- we must find the reason for this!!!!_-------------- recently we noticed a slight trace of oil smoke in the car, I thought it dust at first (we do live in a very dry dusty area!!), I don't think we have a diesel heater, and the engine was hot so I am happy to rule that out---- the smoke seemed to come from the dash area and we couldn't smell it, although I detected a hint of what could be power steering oil, not gearbox or exhaust smell. It was definitely not burning like plastic or wiring!!
Is it possible that this oil smoke is what is misting the windscreen?????, Everything under to bonnet seems dry and intact.
Is this an issue that anyone has encountered before????? We are afraid to use the car in cool/damp conditions now, it was never a problem in the heat!!
We would be grateful for any ideas
Nigel & Pamala ---- central Portugal

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.