Oil Temperature shows below normal , shows 60

Avyuk

Hi ,

I am having Seat Toldeo 2.3 V5 (1999 Model). I left the car for a week outside in open parking and it was snowing. After a week , when I started the car there was beep ( 3 times) for oil temperature and red indicator flashing for oil temperature.The beeps sound ended after few beeps , but the red indicator continued to flash

I left car started and after few minutes the the red indicator vanished and the oil temperature increased from 60 to 90 . I could drive the car. But , evening again i tried to start the car , the same problem happened.
Similarly , i left car started and problem vanished.

Not sure what is the problem.Please assist me. Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks
Avyuk

Last edited by a moderator:

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
Are you on about the red light in the coolant gauge area?
If so don't panic scrape the prongs in the header tank and/or top up the coolant with G12.

Avyuk

Are you on about the red light in the coolant gauge area?
If so don't panic scrape the prongs in the header tank and/or top up the coolant with G12.
Hi Lee,

Thanks for the solution. After the top up of the coolant , the problem vanished.

But , I did monitor the coolant level . I filled upto the maximum level . After 3 weeks , it is going to reach the minimum level .
Is that normal ? or there may be a leakage ?

If so, is that big work to get it corrected ? cost more money ?

Please advise. Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks
Avyuk

Avyuk

Hi Lee,

Thanks for the reply.

I would like to know how serious it is ? and how costly it will be to get it fixed from garage ? Any idea ? (I am living in Netherlands )

The web page explains about the possible causes. I have very minimum experience with this kind of tasks.

Please let me know your view on this.

Thanks once again for the guidance

Thanks
Avyuk

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
Basically your looking for the escape of the coolant which is normally a crystallisation on pipes/ around hose clips.
You haven't lost a lot, but you have lost some.
The coolant cap might be faulty if you can't find any other sign of leakage.

Avyuk

hi,

I checked the coolant cap. Seems to be fine.

tomorrow morning i will check the hose and let u know.

In worst case , how much it cost ? please give ma rough indication