Oldest Leon

martinthorn

Well it's been years since I last posted but I've got a broken arm
and am bored !

My Seat leon 20VT Sport was first registered 10/05/2000 which still
seems to be the oldest in the thread.. hard luck StuB ! however I didn't
buy it new so the longest holding owner is still you :clap:

Mine has a number of bumps on it now (due to silly accident : left handbrakeoff
and it rolled into neighbours car!) and is pushing 84,000 miles. Still, it has been
very reliable once the initial niggles were sorted. StuB, how many miles have you
racked up now ?

Martin

cupra R con

Normal member
Mar 23, 2004
hell
Okay so yours may be the oldest then.... However you havent had it since new, so I still think I have the silly award for that one :p

Pics of these old gilrs would be good to see how they have faired over the years.. I have to say that in the last year to 15months I have seen more Scratches appearing, and I have thought is the paintwork begining to show its age...

Mine seems to of held up OK, well maybe it helps that the valeter at work does it twice a week, & my mates a painter, but all the same...

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=86320

MattR

Yellow...
Mar 18, 2002
Coventry
Visit site
The Toledo was, until recently built in Belgium and they had far less quality problems than the Leon.

Not a Leon, but used to have a "V" Jan 2000 Toledo V5. Its hard to remember, but I'm convinced the Toledo had better quality "plastics"/interior than my current Leon.

Stu B

DarthWombleIII & WombleII
Well it's been years since I last posted but I've got a broken arm
and am bored !

My Seat leon 20VT Sport was first registered 10/05/2000 which still
seems to be the oldest in the thread.. hard luck StuB ! however I didn't
buy it new so the longest holding owner is still you :clap:

Mine has a number of bumps on it now (due to silly accident : left handbrakeoff
and it rolled into neighbours car!) and is pushing 84,000 miles. Still, it has been
very reliable once the initial niggles were sorted. StuB, how many miles have you
racked up now ?

Martin

Just had its MOT last week, sorry been busy at work so havent been on recently... 67k just bedding it in really as its a TDi .... Scary thought though it had 61K on last year!!! Oops hardly used it....

No bumps, one or two scratches - just dont know where they come from!!! - Hopefully next polish, (Winter one...) will buff them out...

Thing is - I still get a smile from ear to ear, if I put my foot down, so I guess it meets my needs, without costing me anything now, other than fuel and insurance etc.. However a new exhuast system (Stainless) probably Janspeed as they are local to me, is still kicking around on my wish list, maybe it will get done by Christmas....

Stu B

DarthWombleIII & WombleII
good to hear its still going ok Stu. they are trusty old lumps.

hey sssstew.... I expect in 4 yrs time I will be posting back in this thread unless mork closes it before (Yeah I'm expecting the forum to still be running...) to say Daughters have passed driving test, and etc etc yeah its still running ....:whistle:

just anoyed that some local kids seem to have enjoyed running something down the sides of it today!!!!! polish tomorrow to see if I can rub it out !

martinthorn

Just thought I'd drag this up as I still have mine!
I don't use it much though!

Still have mine too (still the oldest in the thread perhaps).

96k miles and going ok if a bit tatty !

Martin

Dec 31, 2007
Reading
LOL - Ah but it does get a reasonable blast :)p ) every now and again, with the odd wee Euro trip...

That poses a seperate thread question, age of car (older) - lowest mileage?

Ie my Bammer 4yrs old 32K tdi

I have a 110 se tdi, its on a 51 plate, for some reason I have feb in my head though?

either way, its on a 51 plate and has just 17500 miles on it! And the last 1000 of those have been in the last 2 weeks! :(

anyone beat that?? the last 4 or 5 services have been carried out yearly (obviously), but mileage has been somehting like 2000km between each one

dailey87

Mar 15, 2007
I have a 02 LCR, it wasn't a demo or press car, it's got to be one of the oldest about :D

Sulli

3rd Cupra
My LCR is a Dec 2002, now just done 90k miles. It is as sweet as any I have driven, everything very tight, and the engine is just opening up - must be all the care lavished on it :)
Interior and exterior are immaculate. Look after them and they will go forever (I hope).

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
My LCR is a Dec 2002, now just done 90k miles. It is as sweet as any I have driven, everything very tight, and the engine is just opening up - must be all the care lavished on it :)
Interior and exterior are immaculate. Look after them and they will go forever (I hope).
I totally agree! My car is coming upto 3 years old, inside and out are immaculate apart from a complementary keying in Essex and few stone chips its perfect. Regular servicing and care and they will go on forever.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.