Oops...

Peter

Jan 5, 2018
West Sussex
Yes, definitely an insurance job. Bumper’s taken a whack, and it’s come away from the rear wing. Not sure if the rear wing or crash structure under the bumper has been damaged. On the plus side, our insurer LV has been great. The car is being picked up Monday to be taken to an approved SEAT repairer, and it should be back by the weekend. They would have picked it up sooner, but we’re away from today for a long weekend, so the car’s at Heathrow!

Rowan83

Dec 5, 2017
Nooooooooo. You must be devastated Peter!!

Makes me so mad that people can do this, happened to me twice now.

You got a bodyshop quote yet?

Reactions: Peter

Peter

Jan 5, 2018
West Sussex
It’s definitely annoying! Whoever did it knows what they’ve done...you couldn’t miss an impact like that! But no quotes needed. One phone call to report the claim, and the approved SEAT repairer is picking it up Monday

Rowan83

Dec 5, 2017
I just hope the repair is spot on Peter.

I have had my fair share of bodyshop repairs but some of them were a nightmare when matching the paint, etc.

Once had a Lapiz Blue Golf R and even VW couldn't get the paint right.. ended up selling it.

Cerfwo

Feb 10, 2018
That isn't just a scratch is it, some serious damage there! I can't believe there are people out there who do this sort of damage and don't try to leave a note or get in touch with the owner. I always try to avoid busy public parking wherever possible. Hope it gets sorted quickly for you.

Reactions: Peter

misiakupatego

Mar 5, 2017
Blackvue 750S dashcam
Cellink B battery
LTE modem connected with Cellink B battery

and your car is secured when parked too :) with remote access to dashcam.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.