Open Day Feelers

FinerDetails

Official SCN Supporter
Guys,

If I were to organise and provide an open day for detailing how many would be interested in a trip to Rocdale to watch, have a go and improve those detailing techniques?

My idea is nothing new to the Detailing World, one doesn't reinvent the wheel ;)

If we can get enough interest I'll post a date, get us a car and we can demonstrate how to complete a full detail:

Clay
Machine polishing
Hand application
Product demonstrations
The do's and don'ts

those who would like to attend this type of day please add your names into a reply.

if you have any specific request please let me know ;)

Iain

ok, quick tally of peeps:

BHP Addict
MarkE
Spyke85
Svenster
Alice_Cupra
AR-CoolC
gazjones
jetsetjimbo
fuey
foxes
spanky

Last edited:

MarkE

Acceptable in the 80s
Jul 20, 2003
Lancaster
www.markeaston.org
I'm interested - there's such a massive choice of cleaning and polishing "stuff" out there, everyone has their own opinions on what's the best to use, the best methods, the correct order, so it would be helpful to get some professional opinion.

Triple D

Yep, id be up for it, if you need a car to do it on ;) mine is willing :lol:

gazjones

id be interested i might be having mine done soon anyway but seeing different people doing it gives a wider rang of thechniques

jetsetjimbo

a.k.a James
Jun 12, 2005
J2 M5
I would probably be up for it too. Be good to get some advice 'hands on' so to speak.

A few of us Midland / Bham folks could travel up together if we don't need all our cars there...

FinerDetails

Official SCN Supporter
ok, quick tally of peeps:

BHP Addict
MarkE
Spyke85
spaniels FR
Svenster
Alice_Cupra
AR-CoolC
gazjones
jetsetjimbo
fuey
foxes

Looking popular guys :funk: :funk:

Anymore? :D

I'll look at posting a suggested date for next month (give poeple time to organise themselves ;) ) towards the end of this week.

Thanks to all above for your interest, the next bit is to try to put a date which can accommodate as many as possible.

Iain

Last edited:

Molehill_Mike

Rollin' on 20s
Jan 3, 2005
Bedfordshire
I'd be interested depending on mileage, I like to think I do a good job on my car, when I can be bothered, she does shine well (see linky in sig), but I've never been 'taught' how to 'detail' her lol ;)

Oh and my car has just txt me and said she is willing to be the demo car for a reduced price.... ;)

lol

Mike

EDIT: Right 186 miles then... errr... perhaps not.. bugger...!

Last edited:

FinerDetails

Official SCN Supporter
Guys,

I appreciate pretty much everyone is wanting to use their car as the demo, and once we have a confirmed date, and agree an a start time I will decide how much we can fit into a day.

Please bare in mind Phil's LCr took 6 hours, of me working constantly. If we are to have a 'open day' we cannot complete this level or volume of work.

I am currently pulling together a nice sample list for you all to try, a miture of many manufacturers, and also machine and hand applied products.

I want everyone to get as much from the day as possible, pleasing everyone all the time -errm there's a 'saying' in there somewhere;) - so please keep this in mind.

Thank you to everyone for the interest, I really hope I can find a date that suits you all :think:

Iain

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise