Open Day Feelers

Triple D

actually, i have just calculated the millage too, and im affraid its just a tad too far. Sorry chap, :)

AR-CoolC

Feb 3, 2006
Lincoln
Depending on the date (June is very busy for me - one stagg day, one wedding and LeMan) I'm happy to be a pair of hands.:D

Molehill_Mike

Rollin' on 20s
Jan 3, 2005
Bedfordshire
FinerDetails said:
Guys,

I appreciate pretty much everyone is wanting to use their car as the demo, and once we have a confirmed date, and agree an a start time I will decide how much we can fit into a day.

Please bare in mind Phil's LCr took 6 hours, of me working constantly. If we are to have a 'open day' we cannot complete this level or volume of work.

I am currently pulling together a nice sample list for you all to try, a miture of many manufacturers, and also machine and hand applied products.

I want everyone to get as much from the day as possible, pleasing everyone all the time -errm there's a 'saying' in there somewhere;) - so please keep this in mind.

Thank you to everyone for the interest, I really hope I can find a date that suits you all :think:

Iain

If not, then perhaps you can do another date, if you have the stuff in your car etc, then perhaps an all day meet could be arranged fairly central for all those interested who cannot make this one,......

Just an idea...

Mike

JRB

May 29, 2004
Kent
I am very interested in the art of detailing, i haven't even had mine long and there is already marks appearing, black is a real bitch. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

jetsetjimbo

a.k.a James
Jun 12, 2005
J2 M5
Just gotta check with the missus as she holds our diary :)

It might be easirt if you let me know what the most popular ones are ad I'll just check for them.

James

FinerDetails

Official SCN Supporter
Hi Gents,

I did post stating I will confirm a date once the numbers were in. taking into account those of you that PM'd me, the date that allows the most number of peeps to attend is......

Saturday 3rd June.

Peeps:
Spyke85
Svenster
MarkE
Alice_Cooper
Spanky
Jim (plus David)

If I could ask everyone to diary this in, tomorrow i will finalise some specficis for the day. If you have any particular requests please post them up and I'll see what we can do. I want everyone to get as much out of the day as possible so please let me know as soon as possible so i can get things together (I still have to work full time you know :rolleyes: ).

Prompts for you:
Processes: washing, claying, cleaning, polishing, sealants, waxes

Products:
Clay, polish, sealants, wax, PC, MFs, applicators

Thanks Gents, it's gonna be a good day. I'm gonna try to put a sort of agenda together, thinking start time around 10am. If anyone has any probs with this please let me know.

Iain

Alice_Cupra

A Dirty Diamond.......
Jan 31, 2003
West Yorkshire
Visit site
I think that for me, thr order you do things would be a good pointer.

Things like:

How do you clean the glass / rubber door strips / plastics without messing up the other bits of the freshly waxed bodywork with over-spray

Is there a simple way not to get wax build up around the badges

And the old favourite (being a black car) how the chuff do you get rid of the swirls without your arm dropping off?

Cheers.

spyke85

I Like Cheese!
Oct 26, 2003
Bolton
Visit site
Sounds good to me Iain!

I second the swirl marks and also is it possible to have a look a minor scratch repair? Got a few around handles etc.

CH1

Jul 6, 2004
I'd really love to learn more about detailing so many Q's having a black car!
but 125 miles is probably going to be a bit too far...if you ever do one more central let me know. But just in case let us know where exactly where this is going to take place..I.'m impulsive so depending on where I am would only be able to decide on the day.

fuey

i wana go faster
Jan 12, 2004
north west
uk.geocities.com
i can make the 3rd, just might have to shoot off early, got a 'do' at 7:30.

q: should a clay bar always be used with a detailing spray? or will soapy water work just as well? or is it dependent on the clay?
http://www.autobritedirect.co.uk/pr...=1023&osCsid=f0d9f8f5a7ab220b8aea2ad8074d11e1
the above product indicates that water is good enough?... what are your thoughts/experience?

q: being a noob to detailing, whats the diff between sealents, and waxes?

q: finnaly, which products have you used, which do you prefer and why?

edit: just bought 2 tesco's mitts, and their mf cloth whilst i was there

Last edited: