Open doors / boot signalisation

barni

Hello
I have in manual that my car is equipped in signalisation of open doors or boot. But this sign was never flashed. Guys in Seat service told me, that this indcicator was only in selected versions, and probably my Reference is not equipped in this feature. Are they right ? It sounds improbable for me.
Rafal

Mr.Bean

Jan 21, 2005
Seat Service
Reference dont have this opton, only Stylance.
If you noticed when your rear boot is not closed rear wiper and washer dont working :wtf:

Tell

Staff member
Mr.Bean said:
If you noticed when your rear boot is not closed rear wiper and washer dont working :wtf:

& Sport....

That is true about the rear wipers and wash. Clever ;)

But there is a general design fault or reluctance to get the boot closed. There is a internal handle on the righthand side that you pull the boot down with a wack. If it doesn't wack enough then it bounces back open. Running your hand over the edge of the side of the boot you can tell that it's not shut or you just get into the car to go off and the light is on. It can drive you mad first off all.

The rubber around the lip of the boot may given in, in due time to allow the boot to close more easily. I think mine has improved in a year. You can also adjust where the catch hits the lock and this would help. I haven't bothered on the basis of wait and see.

So in someways not having the light is a god send in that your not jumping in and out of the car to check the boot until you master shutting it.

klawit

ALTEA 1.4 TSI 4YOU (my2015)
Oct 13, 2005
Germany, Cologne-Area
Mr.Bean said:
Additional info:
With the small MFD (multi function display) in the instruments panel (coming with CD1/CD2) only up to model year 2005 included boot lock signal ...
my2006 only flashes on open doors but not on trunc.

Greets ... Klaus

Mr.Bean

Jan 21, 2005
Seat Service
Im talking about pure Reference without any additional option like Sport, Multifunctional display, BlueTooth etc etc............

klawit

ALTEA 1.4 TSI 4YOU (my2015)
Oct 13, 2005
Germany, Cologne-Area
Mr.Bean said:
Im talking about pure Reference without any additional option like Sport, Multifunctional display, BlueTooth etc etc............
... which was truly understood. :) ... only my posting wasn't precise enough. :whistle:

But you mentioned, that Stylance would have the option (and that's why I added the info).
This in fact isn't true any more for the mentioned setup:
Stylance my2006 combined with small MFD won't have the boot lock signal any more ... like mine, as Sport Edition is based upon Stylance.

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members