Opening armrest

admac21

Aug 30, 2018
So I nearly got my new Leon today, but due to some paperwork error I've gone home with a courtesy Ibiza SE.

Anyway, I still got to sit in my Leon and have a play about, and found that opening the armrest felt horrible, made a clanky sound like the mechanism was loose or broken. So I mentioned this to them and they said this was normal?! Surely not I thought and they said go try any other Leon and it'll be the same, and to their credit I found the same broken sounding, ratchety mechanism on 2 other Leon's so it seems that's just how they are, and I'm quite disappointed how cheap and nasty it sounds. My question then, is it truly the same on all other Leons, and can it be improved (I'm thinking lube, or disassembly to tighten or remove whatever is making the terrible noise.

I did try searching for others with the same issue but only found people saying they had rattles from armrest, not necessarily from the opening/closing mechanism.

On the plus side I don't have to pay for fuel the next few days as they've filled the Ibiza up and don't expect me to return it full.

Reactions: Mystery290
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members