1. Hi Guest. If you're not subscribing to us on YouTube yet, you're missing out on car news and reviews. Subscribe to our channel to get notified when we post new videos.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are available from our online store. and are now half price.

Opening boot with engine still running?

Discussion in 'Ibiza Mk4 (2002-2008)' started by Dopsonj, Mar 24, 2010.

1. Dopsonj

Dopsonj Active Member

Ok, today i had a friend in my car, pulled up at his house to drop him off, didn't want to switch the engine off as it was only going to be quick, he got out and went to open the boot, as the car auto locks the boot wouldn't open, so i double clicked the unlock button on the keys whilst they are still in the ignition with the engine running... nothing, so i had to turn it off, and then again, double click.. Stupid Feature?:doh:

Is there a way i can get this sorted? I guess there must be something in VAG Com?

Jack

2. Altech

Altech Ibiza PD170

Could you not just unlock the boot via the switch on the driver side door? That's what I do.

3. Chocozai

Chocozai The Neuroscientist

As do I. I really hope this isn't a simple case of major facepalm, but a more serious error.
    But then at the same time, I also hope that there's such a simple solution as ours! :)
    I'm torn!

4. GlanzaV

GlanzaV I start fires!

I don't have this switch on my drivers door (54 TDi Sport)

To the OP - It's an anti-hijack/theft feature, you really wouldn't want to be sitting at traffic lights and have someone steal your shopping from tescos would you?

5. Dopsonj

Dopsonj Active Member

Ive got a button which has on one half a picture of a car, with a door open and on the bottom a key, after a bit of playing about ive realised you have to press the button twice for the boot, and once for the door, stupid thing.

Also i'm luck enough not to live in an area where i would pull up at some lights and have something jack'd from my boot, although i have read some stories on here, an i can deffo see why the feature is useful!

Excuse my poor spelling/writing, am responding on my phone

jack

6. Chriswaite130

Chriswaite130 Byebye TDI, Hello VTEC y0

I have it on my 53 TDI Sport? Strange

7. Dirtyepic

Dirtyepic Guest

I think only have to press it once to get it all open. Mines a 06 fr

8. NickyJam

NickyJam FR - gone, not forgotten

if your doors have locking pins on them then you may not have a lock button...most of the Ibizas don't and so on the drivers door by the mirror adjuster knob there's a lock/unlock switch. In the case where you have pins then try pulling the drivers one up

all Ibizas come standard with the dual press unlocking feature...where one click on the key fob unlocks just the drivers door and two clicks unlocks all incl boot (but this can be changed via VagCOM