Opinion on ECU Remapping

Fyrstar

Jan 10, 2016
Ipswich, UK
Hey Guys

First of I don't know anything about cars. That being said I have been told about remapping which could potentially get even more power and MPG out of my Toledo 1.9 SE TDi 110.

Question is, is it worth it? Its pretty powerful for me as is due to my previous (and first!) car being a Fiesta 1.25...

I get mixed opinions from friends about it, some say it does nothing, others say that it can be harmful, some swear by it. So I thought I'd post this on the expert forum, I'll put more stock in what you guys say ;)

spudboy6

Feb 4, 2014
Swindon
Mapping is well worth it , but take it to somewhere reputable and someone who uses a dyno to measure before and after figures aswell as can see how to car performes whilst tuning , OBD or generic maps are no good , benefit will be tiny as it was made to someone else's engine which no engine is the same health wise and may work better for them than your or vice versa,

Birmingham rolling road are good value for money work 7 days a week and offer good honest advise , phill cooper is the man to talk to there , but that's my personal opinion everybody has their own but he did a great job on my car and I've tried AMD aswell who was expensive

Fyrstar

Jan 10, 2016
Ipswich, UK
Brilliant thanks for the input! I will have to give it more thought. Alas Birmingham is a little too far for me as i live in Ipswich (Suffolk) so I will have to do some research for the local good people.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise