Opinnion of my local dealer?

fusemender

Hi Guys.
I have nearly made my mind up on getting the Altea Xl 1.9 Tdi Pd Stylance.
Has anyone got any comments on my local dealer "Premier Garages (Stoke)".
With regards to after sales service and customer care?
Steve.

markirel

faster on 2-wheels
Apr 7, 2006
Midlands
No comments on Premier Stoke but have been to Premier at Leek in the last week. Although they didn't replace my brake discs under warranty, I have to say that their level of service and customer care was above that which I have experienced at GK Group SEAT in Derby.

I'll be going to Leek from now on but may give Stoke a whirl at some point as well.

Hope you buy the XL. I had a 1.6 as a hire car a few months back and whilst that was underpowered, I liked the XL's roominess compared to my standard Altea, and despite the open cargo area it was reasonably quiet. Loads of boot space and rear leg room.

fusemender

No comments on Premier Stoke but have been to Premier at Leek in the last week. Although they didn't replace my brake discs under warranty, I have to say that their level of service and customer care was above that which I have experienced at GK Group SEAT in Derby.

I'll be going to Leek from now on but may give Stoke a whirl at some point as well.

Hope you buy the XL. I had a 1.6 as a hire car a few months back and whilst that was underpowered, I liked the XL's roominess compared to my standard Altea, and despite the open cargo area it was reasonably quiet. Loads of boot space and rear leg room.

Hi thanks for the reply.
Stoke is the closest to Uttoxeter but Leek would not be out of the question.
Not sure what you mean by the "Open cargo area".
Would you mind explaining what you mean?
Steve

markirel

faster on 2-wheels
Apr 7, 2006
Midlands
If you are based in Utah I'll keep my eye out for you in your new XL.

"Cargo area" = boot

On the regular Altea there is a rigid parcel shelf and lower storage tray to act as an accoustic barrier whereas on the XL (as is typical with estate cars) it is a roller blind affair that is much thinner, but even despite this I found the XL to be very quite and there was only minimal road noise being amplified through the boot area.

Generally in order of quiteness a rigid saloon is best (old shape Toledo) because the occupant area is sealed, then a hatch, and then an estate.

I have to say that if I was buying the Altea again, I would probably go for the XL but it would still have to be the 2.0

fusemender

If you are based in Utah I'll keep my eye out for you in your new XL.

"Cargo area" = boot

On the regular Altea there is a rigid parcel shelf and lower storage tray to act as an accoustic barrier whereas on the XL (as is typical with estate cars) it is a roller blind affair that is much thinner, but even despite this I found the XL to be very quite and there was only minimal road noise being amplified through the boot area.

Generally in order of quiteness a rigid saloon is best (old shape Toledo) because the occupant area is sealed, then a hatch, and then an estate.

I have to say that if I was buying the Altea again, I would probably go for the XL but it would still have to be the 2.0

Thanks for that.
I think Im going with the XL 1.9
Slightly lower on company car tax and slightly more on the mpg.
I might even make something on the mileage when I claim it back.
Im told by the fleet manager from the order being authorised its a 10 to 12 week wait for delivery.
If you are in Utch, Im on Birdland! and on the A50 to Stoke most days.
Steve.

Bondiblu

Enthusiast
Mar 18, 2007
Cheshire
Derbyshire dealer

I'm looking for opinions on dealers in East Midlands, Derbyshire to be exact. I have been going to Autoworld in Chesterfield, but not 100% happy with them. I've got a few small issues that need sorting. Can anyone recommend the best dealer local to me??

rpmk

Bought our Altea from Premier in Stoke, via a broker back in late 2004. Described p/ex car perfectly even down to every last mark and then got stiffed when we got there by the used car sales manager (guy with a limp, can't remember his name).

Were it not for one member of the sales staff saying that she remembered the conversations about the car's condition, we would have been really done over - as it was we ended up with the p/ex price being dropped £350 and I had lost the will to fight it by that point.

So we have now ordered a new Leon, but I didn't even consider going near Premier. Might have been a single bad experience, but not willing to go through it again, and has put me off doing any p/ex except where I can take the car for a proper assessment beforehand.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise