Options affecting Leon lead times

Zippy

Jul 4, 2017
Dealer phoned last Friday...............picking the car up this Thursday.

Like flett said it'll be filthy in 5 miles but I don't care!

Orguss

Jul 3, 2017
Hampshire
Good news for me, car arrived at the dealer yesterday and i'm picking it up Sat (16th).

It was ordered on the 25th August so ~15 weeks to arrival and 16 weeks to collection, much better than the 22-25 estimated.

I'm not 100% on when the build week was, i was given an unconfirmed week 47 but it must have been built before that to have arrived by now.

Mean

Nov 3, 2017
Ordered car 21.10.2017, haven't heard from the dealer since, wrote an email yesterday and received a phone call. Dealer said car is built and it is to be received in the dealership somewhere around Christmas (22.12 planned), so it will be ready to take it in January. I have an additional N1 certification process that will probably take 2-3 weeks more before I can have it registered but seems like I will get it before the end of January. :)

Peller

Mar 29, 2016
Edinburgh
I was in Fife Seat yesterday and they have a lovely looking Cupra 300 ST 4drive in the showroom from a cancelled order. It's in desire red with DSG. Just a wee heads up if anybody is looking for that type without the build wait.

kiddo

ST Cupra
May 30, 2015
Lancashire
Just been told by my dealer they are advising customers a lead time of 7 months delivery for factory cupra orders. I suspect they're adding a month to cover their arses. Just been given a price of 370/month on a 1 +35 deal 10k/yr for St cupra 4 drive with SS, winter pack, Acc and metallic paint. Doesn't seem too bad a deal but will keep looking. Anyone know of any stonking pch deals out there at the moment?

Last edited:

ewen1605

Jan 17, 2016
Sheffield
So a bit of a development...

On 15th November I contacted my dealership to ask if there was the possibility of making changes to my order which had an unconfirmed build week.

I was potentially looking at adding the Alcantara Pack and ACC - and enquiring about the possibility of getting the digital cockpit.

They replied and said that I could not make changes:
I am sorry, but your order is confirmed into the factory, without a confirmed build week. So it is too late to add anything. We only get about a 3 to 4 week window from time of ordering to make any changes.

I found out on 1st Dec that I had a confirmed build week - Week 2.

Then on these very forums I found out that someone else had been told they could make changes to their order up to 2 weeks from the confirmed build week.

So on the 4th Dec I called SEAT UK and they told me that as long as I didn't have a confirmed build week, I could make changes. Unfortunately now that I do have a confirmed build week, I can't make any changes, but I COULD HAVE done at the time I initially reached out the dealership.

SEAT UK have just called me back and confirmed that I was incorrectly told by the dealership that once the order is accepted changes cannot be made, but that this is a problem that I will have to pursue with the dealership as they were the ones that provided the wrong information.

So.

I can call the dealership and tell them they messed up. Tell them that potentially I've missed out on getting the digital cockpit, alcantara pack and ACC because they told me the wrong information.

But I also know the only way I'd get a car with those options is to cancel and re-order - which given that I've already waited 20 WEEKS is not going to happen.

So what do I try and get out of them?? Compensation? What sort of compensation? How do you put a value on something that I could have potentially ordered, but wasn't given the opportunity to?

What do you think??

Zippy

Jul 4, 2017
ewen,

First I'd want groveling apologies! After that I'd guess it would be down to negotiation.

When I ordered I was told that I could make changes up to a confirmed built week but when I called to change the colour I was told 'no can do' and there wasn't even an unconfirmed built week.

It seems the dealerships promise things that they have no idea about - like delivery dates!

CAPS_LOCK_STUCK

Aug 11, 2017
Worcestershire
Not sure you would get anything from them at all apart from an apology at best, seems the days of good positive customer relations has long gone so unless they feel legally vulnerable they are not likely to be very cooperative beyond the apology IMO, bad information is unlikely to invoke anything contractual I am afraid.

Major Tom

Jun 6, 2015
How much is the digital cockpit? Can you get it without navigation, and is it then adding any value without nav?

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
How much is the digital cockpit? Can you get it without navigation, and is it then adding any value without nav?

It's standard in the UK on the CUPRA.
As an on option on an FR it's £400 or 4,517.16 SEK.

Not sure if it would be as valuable without the Nav pack. It's main party piece is the larger map display in the center which replaces the turn directions in the MFD. Especially as it doesn't support maps presented through the full link.

Try adding it on your configurator if it's available to see if it adds Nav.
If it's not available as an option check the image on the interior cabin that's were it shows the digital cockpit on the UK version.

Major Tom

Jun 6, 2015
It's standard in the UK on the CUPRA.
As an on option on an FR it's £400 or 4,517.16 SEK.

Not sure if it would be as valuable without the Nav pack. It's main party piece is the larger map display in the center which replaces the turn directions in the MFD. Especially as it doesn't support maps presented through the full link.

Try adding it on your configurator if it's available to see if it adds Nav.
If it's not available as an option check the image on the interior cabin that's were it shows the digital cockpit on the UK version.

Digital cockpit not available in the swedish configurator for Cupra at least, I put a car together there just the other day. Gonna order without anyway but interesting!

Zippy

Jul 4, 2017
Just so Luke can update his spreadsheet.

Picked the car up today.

I think it's going to take me a long time to get used to all the functions of the 'infotainment' system, probably about 3 years just as it's due to go back!

ewen1605

Jan 17, 2016
Sheffield
Just so Luke can update his spreadsheet.

Picked the car up today.

I think it's going to take me a long time to get used to all the functions of the 'infotainment' system, probably about 3 years just as it's due to go back!

Yay!

Pics & impressions please :p

flett

May 16, 2015
Picked ours up this morning. Pleased with the colour, reminds me of Akoya silver on the Audi A3's a few years back.
bd5ac8cec2dfb0153919c4d8ff61fef2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.