Options affecting Leon lead times

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Anyone know anything about the addition of Alexa being put on the Leon? Heard it on the radio this morning but not sure when it's being introduced...

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

From what I've heard so far it was supposed to be rolling out at the end of the year.

There's an app called the "media control app" and you can download it to your phone or tablet. Obviously a data connection is required.

Currently the understanding is that the feature will only work with the upgraded media unit "Nav System High". Apparently it requires a WLAN connection.

There was no mention of Full link, or even Bluetooth being supported.

I'm just waiting on seat to confirm, what the reviews have said.

http://www.sytner.co.uk/seat/news/amazon-alexa-comes-to-seat-/

ewen1605

Jan 17, 2016
Sheffield
Well I've sent a complaint to the manager of JCB Seat Ashford and CC'd in the MD of SEAT UK and the MD of the JCB Group. See if we get a response.

Jib

May 22, 2007
Doncaster, South Yorks
Spoke to my dealer this morning. My Cupra arrived at a UK port on Tuesday and they are hopeful I can collect it a week today. Feel free to update the spreadsheet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hepstar7

Oct 6, 2017
Dealer messaged me today. My car is ready on Saturday. Unfortunately I’m working so I’ll go pick it up on Sunday

BenWilliams21

Ben Williams
Aug 12, 2017
Hertfordshire
From what I've heard so far it was supposed to be rolling out at the end of the year.

There's an app called the "media control app" and you can download it to your phone or tablet. Obviously a data connection is required.

Currently the understanding is that the feature will only work with the upgraded media unit "Nav System High". Apparently it requires a WLAN connection.

There was no mention of Full link, or even Bluetooth being supported.

I'm just waiting on seat to confirm, what the reviews have said.

http://www.sytner.co.uk/seat/news/amazon-alexa-comes-to-seat-/

Just had my weekly update from Seat Customer Services, they've confirmed my build week is still showing as week 5, and the technical team have confirmed it will come with Amazon Alexa ready to use

ewen1605

Jan 17, 2016
Sheffield
Just had my weekly update from Seat Customer Services, they've confirmed my build week is still showing as week 5, and the technical team have confirmed it will come with Amazon Alexa ready to use

Did you upgrade to the Nav High system, or just stick with the standard?

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield

My original unconfirmed build was week 6 and now have a confirmed build of week 5 :)

It was also confirmed that Alexa is shipping with *all* cars built in 2018 regardless of Nav Spec. The only stipulation was that it has to have a Nav system included.

I asked the agent to clarify and he said that he had with his team and as far they were concerned this was official.

Very glad I delayed my order as its added Digital Dash, illuminated sills rear usb and Alexa for no additional cost :)

Last edited:

Jib

May 22, 2007
Doncaster, South Yorks
My original unconfirmed build was week 6 and now have a confirmed build of week 5

It was also confirmed that Alexa is shipping with *all* cars built in 2018 regardless of Nav Spec. The only stipulation was that it has to have a Nav system included.

I asked the agent to clarify and he said that he had with his team and as far they were concerned this was official.

Very glad I delayed my order as its added Digital Dash, illuminated sills rear usb and Alexa for no additional cost :)

Just to note, I picked my Cupra up on New Years Eve and has 2 rear USB ports.

Last edited:

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Just to note, I picked me Cupra up on New Years Eve and has 2 rear USB ports.

Cool, I expect it got the sills too as that was an earlier change?
I would have preferred it to still say 'Cupra' illuminated as opposed to the flag.
How do they look in the flesh?

BenWilliams21

Ben Williams
Aug 12, 2017
Hertfordshire
My original unconfirmed build was week 6 and now have a confirmed build of week 5 :)

Guessing you've ordered a cupra then if it has the digital dash?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

pavarotti1980

Jul 18, 2017
Looks like it! How are you finding the car so far?

I really like it. Pleasently surprised how smooth and quiet it is at lower speeds and fuel economy isnt too bad so far either. 180 miles and not used half a tank yet.

Cupra mode will take some getting used to though. Ridiculous power and wheel spin in 3rd is not something i have experienced before.

Are you coping ok with the blue in real life?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise