Options affecting Leon lead times

Jib

May 22, 2007
Doncaster, South Yorks
I really like it. Pleasently surprised how smooth and quiet it is at lower speeds and fuel economy isnt too bad so far either. 180 miles and not used half a tank yet.

Cupra mode will take some getting used to though. Ridiculous power and wheel spin in 3rd is not something i have experienced before.

Are you coping ok with the blue in real life?

The colour is great with the black and red contrasts. It’s been a huge jump from an 2004 Leon TDI in terms of comfort and gadgets. I find the power quite aggressive but manageable. Fuel economy hasn’t been great for me but I’ve done mainly short journeys. I’ve averaged 23.6mpg since I collected it on Sunday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pavarotti1980

Jul 18, 2017
The colour is great with the black and red contrasts. It’s been a huge jump from an 2004 Leon TDI in terms of comfort and gadgets. I find the power quite aggressive but manageable. Fuel economy hasn’t been great for me but I’ve done mainly short journeys. I’ve averaged 23.6mpg since I collected it on Sunday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My fuel comparison is a 2005 Astra:rofl:

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Cupra mode will take some getting used to though. Ridiculous power and wheel spin in 3rd is not something i have experienced before.

I currently get this on the 280 on the standard Sport Conti 5s.
Only really noticed this massively after coming back from the DSG Quattro where I could just plant my foot.

Took me a while to get used to the finesse required to get the best out of this motor.

Obviously the conditions haven't been great either.

pavarotti1980

Jul 18, 2017
I currently get this on the 280 on the standard Sport Conti 5s.
Only really noticed this massively after coming back from the DSG Quattro where I could just plant my foot.

Took me a while to get used to the finesse required to get the best out of this motor.

Obviously the conditions haven't been great either.

No the snow, rain and bits of ice werent ideal. It will take some getting used to. For the time being i am like Driving Miss Daisy

Derv4194

Nov 25, 2017
Just a bit of info on the virtual cockpit....

My dealer confirmed today that there is no reduced functionality of the VC if you dont opt for Navi High. So apparently no need to upgrade to Navi High to get maps on the VC (think someone was wondering about this).

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Just a bit of info on the virtual cockpit....

My dealer confirmed today that there is no reduced functionality of the VC if you dont opt for Navi High. So apparently no need to upgrade to Navi High to get maps on the VC (think someone was wondering about this).

Yes that was me.

So that's good news on both digital cockpit and Alexa.

I'm out 2 for 2 and couldn't be happier.

Cheers Derv

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
WOW.

Just had a call from SEAT.
They wanted to confirm that id received confirmation of my build week.
Then they offered a gesture of goodwill choice was between

1) free service
2) £250 voucher for use in the seat network
3) cheque for £250

They are apparently starting to contact all customers that were impacted by the delay.

Estimated 4-5 week from build to delivery to dealership.

This puts me at March.

Hope all you others in the same boat get the same call.

ewen1605

Jan 17, 2016
Sheffield
WOW.

1) free service
3) cheque for £250

They are apparently starting to contact all customers that were impacted by the delay.

This puts me at March.

Had the same call today. Forget a free service or voucher, I'm taking a cheque.

Really annoyed that they haven't offered any sort of good will for blatantly lying to me about being able to make changes to my order. Two different people at SEAT UK told me the wrong info and advised me to call the dealership, and after countless calls and e-mails it turns out SEAT was wrong all along. What a waste of my time. I think I might send them an invoice because I don't think saying "sorry" really cuts it here :think:

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Had the same call today. Forget a free service or voucher, I'm taking a cheque.

Really annoyed that they haven't offered any sort of good will for blatantly lying to me about being able to make changes to my order. Two different people at SEAT UK told me the wrong info and advised me to call the dealership, and after countless calls and e-mails it turns out SEAT was wrong all along. What a waste of my time. I think I might send them an invoice because I don't think saying "sorry" really cuts it here :think:

Yeah I've asked for the cheque also.

Tbh I'm in a similar position my dealership told me I could not make changes when I originally ordered. Didn't even have an unconfirmed build week. I was just told that once the factory had accepted I couldn't make changes.

I was made to cancel the original order and place a brand new one.
This happened twice and I was then advised that I would have to change my nominated dealership if I cancelled to make changes again.

On the the brightside - I now have all the 2018 model changes and free a months rental.

I think this order was accepted in early to mid November.

We'll you've been given this gesture for free and they won't take it away. What do you have to lose.....

Last edited:

ewen1605

Jan 17, 2016
Sheffield
Hmm. What are they classing as a delay though?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

My car is actually late. Dealer said up to 24 weeks to delivery - it's being built in the 24th week, so will be 3-4 weeks late once it's actually arrived at the dealer.

Last edited:

pavarotti1980

Jul 18, 2017
WOW.

1) free service
3) cheque for £250

This puts me at March.

Whats the criteria for delays? my SEAT customer service guy didnt even mention it on the phone yesterday when he called to make sure i had collected vehicle. Are they putting a time frame on "delay"?

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Whats the criteria for delays? my SEAT customer service guy didnt even mention it on the phone yesterday when he called to make sure i had collected vehicle. Are they putting a time frame on "delay"?

Hi mate, I'll call them today and confirm. Then I'll post back.

It's was strange as I'd called by chance yesterday morning to confirm about Alexa and my build week.

Obviously they don't share information as they took all my details after that call yesterday morning.

The guy from Seat that phoned yesterday night to offer the gesture of goodwill will had my order information but didn't know about my earlier call that day.

Last edited:

pavarotti1980

Jul 18, 2017
Hi mate, I'll call them today and confirm. Then I'll post back.

It's was strange as I'd called by chance yesterday morning to confirm about Alexa and my build week.

Obviously they don't share information as they took all my details after that call yesterday morning.

The guy from Seat that phoned yesterday night to offer the gesture of goodwill will had my order information but didn't know about my earlier call that day.

Cheers. If they are offering goodwill gestures i will get back in touch :)

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Gesture of Good will

Cheers. If they are offering goodwill gestures i will get back in touch :)

Just got off the phone with SEAT Customers Services regarding the good will gesture.

To qualify for the good will gesture the customer order has to have been delayed.

The delay was described as the following:

The dealership often quote build/delivery times based on the model and spec of the car. There will be a standard guide for each model that can vary depending on things such as
Trim Level
Engine
Transmission
e.t.c that is specc'd by the customer.

The general rule is anything from 12-15 weeks.

SEAT are contacting any customers that have been given the general quoted build/delivery time by a dealership and are now expected to recieve their order after that time.

I've also rasied the question as to whether i can use that gesture of good will to add an additinal extra to my car (even though my confirmed build week is week 5). As i was originally misinformed and told i couldn't change the spec of the car once it was accepted by the factory.

They have given me a case number and are calling me back. Win win either way in my eyes.

Hope this info helps some of you

pavarotti1980

Jul 18, 2017
Just got off the phone with SEAT Customers Services regarding the good will gesture.

To qualify for the good will gesture the customer order has to have been delayed.

The delay was described as the following:

The dealership often quote build/delivery times based on the model and spec of the car. There will be a standard guide for each model that can vary depending on things such as
Trim Level
Engine
Transmission
e.t.c that is specc'd by the customer.

The general rule is anything from 12-15 weeks.

SEAT are contacting any customers that have been given the general quoted build/delivery time by a dealership and are now expected to recieve their order after that time.

I've also rasied the question as to whether i can use that gesture of good will to add an additinal extra to my car (even though my confirmed build week is week 5). As i was originally misinformed and told i couldn't change the spec of the car once it was accepted by the factory.

They have given me a case number and are calling me back. Win win either way in my eyes.

Hope this info helps some of you

So basically if car was longer than 12-15 weeks then they may look at it

Cheers for the info

Scrogg

Living life only a short bus ride from the edge...
Dec 31, 2017
So basically if car was longer than 12-15 weeks then they may look at it
It is nowhere near that simple.

Each week, SEAT issue a Production & Supply update that shows standard factory order lead times, plus additional lead times for any additional engine/option delays.

Let's say you order a car in week 01 and at the time the standard lead time for the car is 10-12 weeks, but the additional engine/options delay adds 3-4 weeks, then the anticipated lead time is 13-16 weeks.

If, however, the order is not actually accepted by the factory until week 03, and at that point the standard lead time for the car is 10-12 weeks, but the additional engine/options delay adds 7-8 weeks, then the anticipated lead time becomes 17-20 weeks.

For the purposes of qualifying for any goodwill gesture SEAT only consider an order to be delayed if it is going to take longer than the published lead times in effect at the point where the order was accepted by the factory, not when it was placed by the dealership. The former is often 2-3 weeks after the former.

The only way of knowing if you qualify is to find out from your dealership the date yoyr order was accepted, and what tye published lead times were in that week.

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
It is nowhere near that simple.

Each week, SEAT issue a Production & Supply update that shows standard factory order lead times, plus additional lead times for any additional engine/option delays.

Let's say you order a car in week 01 and at the time the standard lead time for the car is 10-12 weeks, but the additional engine/options delay adds 3-4 weeks, then the anticipated lead time is 13-16 weeks.

If, however, the order is not actually accepted by the factory until week 03, and at that point the standard lead time for the car is 10-12 weeks, but the additional engine/options delay adds 7-8 weeks, then the anticipated lead time becomes 17-20 weeks.

For the purposes of qualifying for any goodwill gesture SEAT only consider an order to be delayed if it is going to take longer than the published lead times in effect at the point where the order was accepted by the factory, not when it was placed by the dealership. The former is often 2-3 weeks after the former.

The only way of knowing if you qualify is to find out from your dealership the date yoyr order was accepted, and what tye published lead times were in that week.

Thanks for clarifying - i was just relaying the information that SEAT gave me over the phone (and they did dumb it down)

The general 12-15 weeks was the agents example of SEAT rule of thumb.

When i ordered from VWFS/Dealership they mentioned a delay on the Cupra but not to this extent originally.
There was also a delay from the point of ordering and the acceptance from the factory.

The point i was trying to get at was from the info I got is that if the dealership did not give you an accurate expectation of when you'd receive your order - you may have a case but its worth calling up SEAT customer services.

If you ordered and the dealership informed you that the order was going to take over 15 weeks, then you may not get a call, but may be worth making one all the same.

My dealership has not been in touch with with regards to any of this, its all being done directly with SEAT customer services.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise