Options affecting Leon lead times

Scrogg

Living life only a short bus ride from the edge...
Dec 31, 2017
The point i was trying to get at was from the info I got is that if the dealership did not give you an accurate expectation of when you'd receive your order - you may have a case but its worth calling up SEAT customer services.

If you ordered and the dealership informed you that the order was going to take over 15 weeks, then you may not get a call, but may be worth making one all the same.

My dealership has not been in touch with with regards to any of this, its all being done directly with SEAT customer services.
Sadly this is all too common :(

I have been selling new cars for over 20 years, and it still baffles me why some sales people are so scared of telling customers the real situation at point of order. It's as if they think being vague, or not providing any information at all, once they have an order is better than being upfront and risking bot getting it in the first place.

SEAT Customer Services are very good, but they aren't there to cover dealerships not giving customers the right information and will only offer goodwill gestures for genuine delays, not when orders take longer than reduced/inaccurate lead times quoted by dealerships.

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Sadly this is all too common :(

I have been selling new cars for over 20 years, and it still baffles me why some sales people are so scared of telling customers the real situation at point of order. It's as if they think being vague, or not providing any information at all, once they have an order is better than being upfront and risking bot getting it in the first place.

SEAT Customer Services are very good, but they aren't there to cover dealerships not giving customers the right information and will only offer goodwill gestures for genuine delays, not when orders take longer than reduced/inaccurate lead times quoted by dealerships.

Thanks for your info Scrogg - appreciated

pavarotti1980

Jul 18, 2017
It is nowhere near that simple.

Each week, SEAT issue a Production & Supply update that shows standard factory order lead times, plus additional lead times for any additional engine/option delays.

Let's say you order a car in week 01 and at the time the standard lead time for the car is 10-12 weeks, but the additional engine/options delay adds 3-4 weeks, then the anticipated lead time is 13-16 weeks.

If, however, the order is not actually accepted by the factory until week 03, and at that point the standard lead time for the car is 10-12 weeks, but the additional engine/options delay adds 7-8 weeks, then the anticipated lead time becomes 17-20 weeks.

For the purposes of qualifying for any goodwill gesture SEAT only consider an order to be delayed if it is going to take longer than the published lead times in effect at the point where the order was accepted by the factory, not when it was placed by the dealership. The former is often 2-3 weeks after the former.

The only way of knowing if you qualify is to find out from your dealership the date yoyr order was accepted, and what tye published lead times were in that week.

Luckily i know my order date and the acceptance date from the factory were only 1 day apart in the middle of the week

ewen1605

Jan 17, 2016
Sheffield
Getting a Golf GTI on hire for two months, delivery today.

Going to make my 1.8 TSI look terrible by comparison I'm sure :lol:

Derv4194

Nov 25, 2017
Getting a Golf GTI on hire for two months, delivery today.

Going to make my 1.8 TSI look terrible by comparison I'm sure :lol:

Hi Ewen, may i ask where/what sort of deal you got on hiring a car for a couple of months please? My cupra isnt due till May but im considering VTing my current car in a month or so and hiring to cover the gap - hopefully it might be cheaper than monthlies on current car.

Thanks

ewen1605

Jan 17, 2016
Sheffield
Hi Ewen, may i ask where/what sort of deal you got on hiring a car for a couple of months please? My cupra isnt due till May but im considering VTing my current car in a month or so and hiring to cover the gap - hopefully it might be cheaper than monthlies on current car.

Thanks

Hi Derv, it's being sorted by SEAT customer services because my Leon order is late. Shouldve mentioned that in the original comment, sorry!

Derv4194

Nov 25, 2017
Hi Derv, it's being sorted by SEAT customer services because my Leon order is late. Shouldve mentioned that in the original comment, sorry!

Ah ok, thanks for getting back to me. Will still have a look around to see if its worth it.

Luke_bank

Aug 11, 2017
Will update the spreadsheet will all the changes tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crohnthebadger

Sep 27, 2017
Finally got a confirmed build week... week 4.... delivery sometime in Feb about time ordered early August

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ewen1605

Jan 17, 2016
Sheffield
Apparently mine has been built and is in transit - feels like an age since I ordered it. 6 months!!

Still waiting for the 18 plate before getting it tho. Not too long now. Got this Golf until then so no complaints any more.

Although I did get a puncture yesterday on my second journey in it. Not having much luck with these cars :lol:

Luke_bank

Aug 11, 2017
Had the same call today. Forget a free service or voucher, I'm taking a cheque.

Really annoyed that they haven't offered any sort of good will for blatantly lying to me about being able to make changes to my order. Two different people at SEAT UK told me the wrong info and advised me to call the dealership, and after countless calls and e-mails it turns out SEAT was wrong all along. What a waste of my time. I think I might send them an invoice because I don't think saying "sorry" really cuts it here :think:

Strangely I didn't get this call, depsite having the same build week as you, but ordering a month before?

Waiting to hear when and what courtesy car I'll be getting. Our cars should be en-route now. :D

Can someone explain what Alexa is please? Is the jury out on whether the FR's built in 2018 will have illuminated door sills and 2 USB ports?

Spreadsheet updated - HERE

Lots of yellow: Snarks, Mikeyh22, pavarotti1980, nelly22, hepstar7, Orguss, jay-bob 25

Have you got yours yet? Any pics?

Last edited:

dieselface

Jul 1, 2010
Can someone explain what Alexa is please? Is the jury out on whether the FR's built in 2018 will have illuminated door sills and 2 USB ports?

The USB (requires media system plus) and the sills have been in production since week 45. As has eclipse orange colour as per the Seat bulletin.

Digital cockpit since this week (2) and Alexa is all unknown based on the different info floating about.

Last edited:

BenWilliams21

Ben Williams
Aug 12, 2017
Hertfordshire
Strangely I didn't get this call, depsite having the same build week as you, but ordering a month before?

Waiting to hear when and what courtesy car I'll be getting. Our cars should be en-route now. :D

Spreadsheet updated - HERE

Lots of yellow: Snarks, Mikeyh22, pavarotti1980, nelly22, hepstar7, Orguss, jay-bob 25

Have you got yours yet? Any pics?
Alexa is the voice assistant by Amazon.

Illuminated door sills are standard as quoted in the brochure however I'd also like to know about the usb ports also

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

CAPS_LOCK_STUCK

Aug 11, 2017
Worcestershire
Presumably you could only get Alexa with an upgraded media package that includes wifi hotspot coverage?

My daughter has Alexa...... don't waste your money! Google Assistant can do much of what Alexa can do, albeit "Google Assistant" does not of course sound as sexy :)

BenWilliams21

Ben Williams
Aug 12, 2017
Hertfordshire
Alexa doesn't need the upgraded unit.

Not sure how it works, there's a few around due to pick up soon so can hopefully expand.

Agree though, I use Google minis at home...

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Snarks

May 18, 2002
Lancashire
Visit site
Got my car today after 32 weeks. Seems very quiet compared to my old diesel. More toys to play with as well.

I'm going to miss the right-hand knob for zooming in and out and selecting options on the infotainment system. Looking forward to trying out Waze on Android Auto tomorrow.

New%20car%20edited.jpg

Last edited:

CAPS_LOCK_STUCK

Aug 11, 2017
Worcestershire
Got my car today after 32 weeks. Seems very quiet compared to my old diesel. More toys to play with as well.

I'm going to miss the right-hand knob for zooming in and out and selecting options on the infotainment system. Looking forward to trying out Waze on Android Auto tomorrow.

New%20car%20edited.jpg

Very nice looking Motor!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.