Options affecting Leon lead times

russbellrfs

Jan 7, 2018
Hopefully going to be ordering on Saturday a 1.2 TSI SE Dynamic Tech 5 dr in Mystery Blue with several options:

LED Headlights
Park Assistance Pack including Rear Camera
Convenience Plus Pack with LED Interior Illumination
Full Link
And hopefully Folding Mirrors but this seems to have disappeared from the options list!

I've had a Juke for the last 3 years which was an absolute joy to own. Due to unforseen circumstances totally out of my control I've had to walk away from Nissan and go elsewhere.

Before I decided on the Juke before, I did have in mind a Leon but decided on the Juke. But this time its Leon time!

When I originaĺly went and test drove one about a month ago, I was quote 15-17 weeks delivery.

I've seen from the posts on this thread that there seems to be delays with orders. Any ideas what the reasons are? Or is it just pot luck?

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

ewen1605

Jan 17, 2016
Sheffield
Hopefully going to be ordering on Saturday a 1.2 TSI SE Dynamic Tech 5 dr in Mystery Blue with several options:

LED Headlights
Park Assistance Pack including Rear Camera
Convenience Plus Pack with LED Interior Illumination
Full Link
And hopefully Folding Mirrors but this seems to have disappeared from the options list!

I've had a Juke for the last 3 years which was an absolute joy to own. Due to unforseen circumstances totally out of my control I've had to walk away from Nissan and go elsewhere.

Before I decided on the Juke before, I did have in mind a Leon but decided on the Juke. But this time its Leon time!

When I originaĺly went and test drove one about a month ago, I was quote 15-17 weeks delivery.

I've seen from the posts on this thread that there seems to be delays with orders. Any ideas what the reasons are? Or is it just pot luck?

Welcome to the forum!

There has been a lot of variation in the length of time people have had to wait for their cars, but I would expect to wait at least 15-17 weeks. Your dealer will be the best to advise on any current delays - certain options, trim levels and options are worse than others.

I can’t see anything you’ve ordered that would cause any problem. Most common issues seem to have been the 1.4 TSI ACT engine, DSG gearboxes, 18” alloys (particularly the machines ones). FR trim level is very popular so I think a lot of delays are associated with that.

Ask your dealer for any current known delays based on your spec. They get a bulletin every week giving them an update on what the current issues are.

hepstar7

Oct 6, 2017
Strangely I didn't get this call, depsite having the same build week as you, but ordering a month before?

Waiting to hear when and what courtesy car I'll be getting. Our cars should be en-route now. :D

Can someone explain what Alexa is please? Is the jury out on whether the FR's built in 2018 will have illuminated door sills and 2 USB ports?

Spreadsheet updated - HERE

Lots of yellow: Snarks, Mikeyh22, pavarotti1980, nelly22, hepstar7, Orguss, jay-bob 25

Have you got yours yet? Any pics?

Hey buddy.

Got mine on 31/12/17. Just been having so much fun driving it and then working but I’ll get some pics up soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

russbellrfs

Jan 7, 2018
Welcome to the forum!

There has been a lot of variation in the length of time people have had to wait for their cars, but I would expect to wait at least 15-17 weeks. Your dealer will be the best to advise on any current delays - certain options, trim levels and options are worse than others.

I can’t see anything you’ve ordered that would cause any problem. Most common issues seem to have been the 1.4 TSI ACT engine, DSG gearboxes, 18” alloys (particularly the machines ones). FR trim level is very popular so I think a lot of delays are associated with that.

Ask your dealer for any current known delays based on your spec. They get a bulletin every week giving them an update on what the current issues are.
Thanks for the info. Hopefully I'll be having more success with SEAT than with the previous manufacturer I was with!

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Scrogg

Living life only a short bus ride from the edge...
Dec 31, 2017
Current order lead times posted here

pavarotti1980

Jul 18, 2017
Strangely I didn't get this call, depsite having the same build week as you, but ordering a month before?

Waiting to hear when and what courtesy car I'll be getting. Our cars should be en-route now. :D

Can someone explain what Alexa is please? Is the jury out on whether the FR's built in 2018 will have illuminated door sills and 2 USB ports?

Spreadsheet updated - HERE

Lots of yellow: Snarks, Mikeyh22, pavarotti1980, nelly22, hepstar7, Orguss, jay-bob 25

Have you got yours yet? Any pics?
Hi Luke,

Mine was built some time in December (system still showing as not built but it was physically at UK port) and I collected on 29th Dec in the snow. Interesting experience driving it from the dealer!!!!

I will add photo soon

Luke_bank

Aug 11, 2017
Ewen, who told you yours was in transit?

I spoke to Raheel earlier and mine still isn’t built. Hopefully it will be this week.

He still wouldn’t discuss any goodwill gesture. I mentioned that a few on this forum has received phone calls about it, but he said he had no knowledge of that, and that neither he, or any of colleagues at SEAT UK, would be able to authorise that without the car being delivered first.

Scrogg

Dec 31, 2017
Is the jury out on whether the FR's built in 2018 will have illuminated door sills and 2 USB ports?
No, it was announced to the dealer network on 5th October that all Leon except S built from week 45 (commencing 6th November) will have 2 USB sockets in the rear and Leon FR, XCELLENCE and CUPRA 5dr and ST will have illuminated sills as standard.

Last edited:

Luke_bank

Aug 11, 2017
When you say USB ports in the rear, presumably that’s the rear passenger area opposed to the boot haha? Are there two ports in the cabin, in front of the gear stick?

Scrogg

Dec 31, 2017
:lol:

Yes, two in between the front seats so rear passengers can use them.

There have been two in the front since the MY17 was launched early last year.

Luke_bank

Aug 11, 2017
:lol:

Yes, two in between the front seats so rear passengers can use them.

There have been two in the front since the MY17 was launched early last year.

That’s good

Ah that’s interesting, I always thought the two in front was part of a pack.

Scrogg

Dec 31, 2017
That’s good I always thought the two in front was part of a pack.
They are, the Media System Plus, but as that has now been standard on everything (other than 'S' when it isn't available) since the MY17 was launched it can't really be considered an option anymore.

Luke_bank

Aug 11, 2017
They are, the Media System Plus, but as that has now been standard on everything (other than 'S' when it isn't available) since the MY17 was launched it can't really be considered an option anymore.

Oh ideal! Two USB ports, plus two in the back, Alexa and illuminated door sills then.

Luke_bank

Aug 11, 2017
MY19 – Media Control app to be updated on iOS (ie Apple devices), which will enable Alexa compatibility with all Leon and Ateca built with Navigation System High from week 22 2017. Standard Nav (in Ibiza, Arona, Leon and Ateca) will also be updated to include WLAN connection, so all navigation systems from these vehicles will be compatible with the Media Control app and Alexa services from this date.

Scrogg

Dec 31, 2017
MY19 production starts week 27 2018. Prior to that Alexa will only work on Android with Navigation System High as it needs WLAN.

russbellrfs

Jan 7, 2018
You do get a funny response from Google Assistant if you ask 'What do you think of Amazon Alexa?'

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.