Options affecting Leon lead times

misil_espanol

Feb 27, 2018
My Cupra has been sat at the port since week commencing 26th march and it's still not at the dealership. No idea what's taking the transporter so long but hoping to hear back with some news this evening :/

Scrogg

Living life only a short bus ride from the edge...
Dec 31, 2017
My Cupra has been sat at the port since week commencing 26th march and it's still not at the dealership.
Along with many, many others...

No idea what's taking the transporter so long but hoping to hear back with some news this evening :/
...a combination of delays due to the bad weather in early March and an Easter shut-down. The ports/transport companies pretty-much run at full capacity all of the time, so circa two weeks of not being able to get cars out has caused a serious backlog.

IrnBru

Apr 4, 2018
My Cupra has been sat at the port since week commencing 26th march and it's still not at the dealership. No idea what's taking the transporter so long but hoping to hear back with some news this evening :/
Jesus christ, what are they doing?! I phoned my dealer 3 weeks ago now and they said "it's on the boat" , a week later "still on the boat". I'll give them one more week and I'll give them another phone. Mines will more than likely be getting delivered to Tyne for Scotland, what port is yours in?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

misil_espanol

Feb 27, 2018
Jesus christ, what are they doing?! I phoned my dealer 3 weeks ago now and they said "it's on the boat" , a week later "still on the boat". I'll give them one more week and I'll give them another phone. Mines will more than likely be getting delivered to Tyne for Scotland, what port is yours in?

Goodness knows what they're up to, when I hear back I'll update on here again. The dealer said it was at Tyne the week before easter holiday but we both expected it to go to Grimsby given where the dealer is located.

surrealjam

Jan 8, 2015
How long after ordering are you usually given the "expected build week"? Placed an order on 14th February.

russbellrfs

Jan 7, 2018
Nice. I was advised between 6 to 8 weeks after ordering. Build weeks tend to only be confirmed 2 to 3 weeks before it will be built. Cupra lead time is 20 weeks so probably longer.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

surrealjam

Jan 8, 2015
Nice. I was advised between 6 to 8 weeks after ordering. Build weeks tend to only be confirmed 2 to 3 weeks before it will be built. Cupra lead time is 20 weeks so probably longer.

Cool, thanks. Yes it sounds like it might be a couple of weeks till I get that then. I wasn't going to chase the dealer yet anyway as when I ordered they quoted end of June/start of July... but was just curious what to expect.

Joe1110

Mar 19, 2018
Hey, new to posting in the forum but wanted to add my lead times to the topic.

Ordered a Leon SC FR 150 with DSG in mystery blue. Added options: digital dash, convenience pack, KESSY and advanced comfort + driver pack with the 18” 30/3 alloys.

Ordered placed 6 March 18 and was told 17-19 weeks lead time, so June/July delivery.

Just had a call from the dealer saying that it’s down to be built next week and it’ll be in country 2-3 weeks after that. So much earlier than expected which I must say, I’m rather pleased about!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IrnBru

Apr 4, 2018
Hey, new to posting in the forum but wanted to add my lead times to the topic.

Ordered a Leon SC FR 150 with DSG in mystery blue. Added options: digital dash, convenience pack, KESSY and advanced comfort + driver pack with the 18” 30/3 alloys.

Ordered placed 6 March 18 and was told 17-19 weeks lead time, so June/July delivery.

Just had a call from the dealer saying that it’s down to be built next week and it’ll be in country 2-3 weeks after that. So much earlier than expected which I must say, I’m rather pleased about!

You're lucky then, ordered a leon ST FR, diesel 150, Mystery blue on the 4th of January, pretty much a stock car, still waiting on it

russbellrfs

Jan 7, 2018
Could be coming quicker to use up the SC parts as theyre discounting the 3dr.

Joe1110

Mar 19, 2018
Could be coming quicker to use up the SC parts as theyre discounting the 3dr.

Oh are they? I didn’t know that! Glad I got it ordered when I did then, had my eye on the SC since the face lift but was stuck in a pcp contract until recently!

russbellrfs

Jan 7, 2018
Oh are they? I didn’t know that! Glad I got it ordered when I did then, had my eye on the SC since the face lift but was stuck in a pcp contract until recently!

Think theyve just gone out of fashion. A3 3dr also discontinued. Ford stopped making 3dr Focus 6 years ago. Honda stopped with the Civic even longer than that i think.

JohnnyDrama

Dec 19, 2006
Lancs
Wonder if Cupra lead times are coming down? Ordered mine 1st week in Feb, just had confirmation it was built last week and on it's way to the port. It's the hatchback DSG with no options

Paul1979

Mar 30, 2018
Wonder if Cupra lead times are coming down? Ordered mine 1st week in Feb, just had confirmation it was built last week and on it's way to the port. It's the hatchback DSG with no options

I ordered mine on the 17th Feb and haven't heard a thing yet. I am waiting on the build week still but hopefully that will be soon.

ST DSG 4 Drive in Nevada White, no extra options.

russbellrfs

Jan 7, 2018
Thats very reasonable for a Cupra IIRC they are still 20 weeks lead time.

IrnBru

Apr 4, 2018
Think theyve just gone out of fashion. A3 3dr also discontinued. Ford stopped making 3dr Focus 6 years ago. Honda stopped with the Civic even longer than that i think.

Talking about ford focus', they have teased a new video on their twitter of a face lifted focus, the boot now has the badge "f o c u s" across it, the letters stick out like a sore thumb

surrealjam

Jan 8, 2015
Talking about ford focus', they have teased a new video on their twitter of a face lifted focus, the boot now has the badge "f o c u s" across it, the letters stick out like a sore thumb

Isn't it a whole new model rather than a facelift?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise