Order Lead Times

Scrogg

Living life only a short bus ride from the edge...
Dec 31, 2017
I've just been told by DriveTheDeal that there's a 26 week lead time on the Leon Cupra DSG now :eek:
My information comes from SEAT UK. Yours comes from an online broker that sells customer information to car dealerships. You should believe whichever you think is most likely to be correct...

Last edited:

'& Son' managed

Third Party
Mar 2, 2018
South Coast
We was told to expect a similar lead time back in October for a 1.2 SE Dynamic hatch with only 3 options.
I did think it might be a bit sooner than that as SEAT's boggo Med blue colour was specified rather than a metallic option. So it proved, with a 21.5 week time in the end.

Scrogg

Dec 31, 2017
Updated cw13 2018

(Please note that lead times are calculated from when your order is accepted by the factory, which can often be a number of weeks after it is placed by your dealership)

Mii 10-12 weeks
Ibiza 10-12 weeks
Arona 10-12 weeks
Toledo 10-12 weeks
Leon SC 10-12 weeks
Leon 5dr 10-12 weeks
Leon ST 10-12 weeks
Ateca 10-12 weeks
Alhambra 10-12 weeks

Additional Lead Times

Ibiza FR (18" alloy wheels) +2 weeks

Arona 1.0 TSI +4 weeks
Arona 1.0 TSI 115 DSG-auto +2 weeks
Arona 1.5 TSI +4 weeks

Leon 1.0 TSI 115 +4 weeks
Leon 1.2 TSI 110 +4 weeks
Leon 1.4 EcoTSI 150 +8 weeks
Leon 1.8 TSI 180 +4 weeks
Leon FR (17" alloy wheels) +5 weeks
Leon FR (18" PUM alloy wheels) +3 weeks
Leon FR (18" PUK alloy wheels) +12 weeks
Leon CUPRA +8 weeks

Ateca FR (19" alloy wheels) +12 weeks

There are no additional lead times for any factory option not listed

N.B: Additional lead times are concurrent not consecutive, so a Leon FR 1.4 EcoTSI 150 with 18" PUK alloy wheels would be +12 not +20

IrnBru

Apr 4, 2018
Ordered my Leon ST FR in jan, got phoned about 3 weeks ago saying my build week is 1st of april.

Got a call from Motorbility today turns out the dealer is talking crap, my build weeks is 27 and will have to wait another 6 weeks after that for delivery

Hi mate, hope you see this. We ordered our car in the 4th if January, that was exactly 12 weeks today, phoned the dealers up 2 weeks ago to find out what was happening they said it was on the boat. I would kick up f**K if the dealers done that to me, It sounds like when you placed your order that the dealers at the time didn't even bother with it at their end?

Last edited:

IrnBru

Apr 4, 2018
Side note, does anyone know how long it takes the boat? And where does it normally Dock? Phoned the dealers 2 weeks ago and they said it was on the boat. Also how long does it normally take from the port to the dealers?

Scrogg

Dec 31, 2017

IrnBru

Apr 4, 2018
About a week from Barcelona to UK

Sheerness, then Grimsby, then Tyne

7-10 days is the standard. In quieter periods this is sometimes less, in busier periods it is often more
Cheers bud. I have dug a little deeper into the forum, I have found out a ship docks tomorrow in sheerness, I'm hoping mines was on an earlier ship than that if that ship that docks tomorrow has 1other port of call first haha. Ordered 4th on January. Leon FR ST 150 2.0 diesel. As I said, dealer said it was on ship 2 weeks ago so it might have been on am earlier ship.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

IrnBru

Apr 4, 2018
About a week from Barcelona to UK

Sheerness, then Grimsby, then Tyne

7-10 days is the standard. In quieter periods this is sometimes less, in busier periods it is often more
Also just thinking how sad I am to be tracking ships from Barcelona to see when my car has arrived at the port. lol

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

theb00g1em4n

Mar 5, 2018
Just got a update to mine, the build week has come forward to week 18, but dealer thinks it will still take upto 5 weeks after that before they deliver the car

chriscpritchard

Mar 25, 2015
Do you know what the current lead times are on a 1.4 ecoTSI 150PS Leon 5dr are, as well as if any other options have additional lead times?

I placed my order on the 2nd of April and have a print out from the SEAT ordering system with an order number and a status of "V - order accepted" (though I don't know if this means it's been accepted by the factory)

Scrogg

Dec 31, 2017
Do you know what the current lead times are on a 1.4 ecoTSI 150PS Leon 5dr are, as well as if any other options have additional lead times?
Yes

It made more sense to post these updates in the new 'SEAT brand general discussion' section as it covers all models...

GorillaWheels

Feb 13, 2020
Hi. I've found out today from the sales manager at my SEAT dealership my Motability Leon ST FR 1.5 DSG in Mystery Blue is Status 30 and he gave me a breakdown of what the status numbers mean.

Status 10: Build week assigned but not confirmed

Status 20: Build week Confirmed

Status 30: Car built/In Transit to the UK

Status 40: Car has arrived at UK Port

Status 60: car is on route to the dealer

Status 70: Car is at the dealer.

Seat UK on Twitter with with my order number after talking to SEAT sales were able to tell me that the car has been built and is in transit to the Port of Barcelona from the Martorell factory.
If I contact them back in 7 days they should be able to confirm which UK port it is coming into and which ship it is on!
Reading on here about the Marine Traffic website you can even track a ship, proper geeky!
Can't wait to get it now, the dealer reckoned should be here middle of March, although it'll need adaptations putting on it first before I can finally drive it.

GorillaWheels

Feb 13, 2020
The Hoegh Pusan has now arrived at Tyne port, so my FR ST should be at the dealer in 7-10 days. Then it needs a few days at Jeff Gosling Hand Controls Stockport for my bespoke accelerator and brake adaptations, remote controls steering ball and back to Kendal before I can finally get to drive it...mid to late March bye bye Astra ST Sri auto hello Leon ST FR DSG...I can’t bloody wait!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: jeddy74

GorillaWheels

Feb 13, 2020
The Hoegh Pusan has now arrived at Tyne port, so my FR ST should be at the dealer in 7-10 days. Then it needs a few days at Jeff Gosling Hand Controls Stockport for my bespoke accelerator and brake adaptations, remote controls steering ball and back to Kendal before I can finally get to drive it...mid to late March bye bye Astra ST Sri auto hello Leon ST FR DSG...I can’t bloody wait!!!!!!!!!!
Well I found out today my Leon arrived at my dealership at Kendal late on Friday, so now just need to arrange it to be booked in with Jeff Gosling at Stockport for my driving adaptations, then I can finally collect it when it arrives back at Kendal. Happy days!

Rowan83

Dec 5, 2017
Well I found out today my Leon arrived at my dealership at Kendal late on Friday, so now just need to arrange it to be booked in with Jeff Gosling at Stockport for my driving adaptations, then I can finally collect it when it arrives back at Kendal. Happy days!
You live local to Kendal? I am from Morecambe

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.