Order Lead Times

Scrogg

Living life only a short bus ride from the edge...
Dec 31, 2017
Just to clarify you have +6 next to 1.5 TSI EVO, and +10 next to the FR Sport, does that mean +16 weeks or +10 weeks for the combination of the two.
I believe Scrogg has said in the past:
I actually get conflicting answers to this one from SEAT, which is why I have stopped adding that note at the bottom of each post...

Logically, if a car with a 10 week lead time is ordered with an option with a +4 week delay then it becomes a 14 week car. If an identical car with a +6 week option is ordered at the same time it becomes a 16 week car. But, according to SEAT's maths, if an identical car with both the +4 week and +6 week options is ordered at the same time it becomes a 20 week car. Which makes absolutely no sense!

I want to say @admac21's order is +10, but don't quote me on it

Scrogg

Dec 31, 2017
Updated cw37 2018

(Please note that lead times are calculated from when your order is accepted by the factory, which can often be a number of weeks after it is placed by your dealership)

Mii 8-10 weeks
Ibiza 8-10 weeks
Leon 5dr 8-10 weeks
Leon ST 8-10 weeks
Arona 10-12 weeks
Ateca 8-10 weeks
Alhambra 8-10 weeks

Additional Lead Times

Ibiza 1.0 TSI +4 weeks
Ibiza FR Sport +4 weeks

Arona DSG-auto +6 weeks

Leon 1.0 TSI 115 +10 weeks
Leon 1.4 EcoTSI 150 +6 weeks (will be built as 1.5 TSI EVO 150)
Leon FR Sport +10 weeks

Ateca 1.0 TSI 115 +10 weeks
Ateca FR Sport +10 weeks

There are no additional lead times for any factory option not listed.

reKer

Sep 10, 2018
I ordered an Ibiza FR 1.5TSI EVO week 20, and still have no confirmed build week. The dealer told me that they will start to build 1.5TSI Ibizas week 48-49, so my delivery is going to be earliest in January....

Exact same situation I'm in, very frustrating

MalteseSeat

Aug 1, 2018
Ordered my car in July, went to speak to the dealer (only one here in Malta), apparently my build date has been moved to "earliest february" :'( My heart aches for my 1.0 115 DSG Ibiza Xcellence :( Med Blue

WilliamB

Jun 24, 2018
I actually get conflicting answers to this one from SEAT, which is why I have stopped adding that note at the bottom of each post...

Logically, if a car with a 10 week lead time is ordered with an option with a +4 week delay then it becomes a 14 week car. If an identical car with a +6 week option is ordered at the same time it becomes a 16 week car. But, according to SEAT's maths, if an identical car with both the +4 week and +6 week options is ordered at the same time it becomes a 20 week car. Which makes absolutely no sense!

I want to say @admac21's order is +10, but don't quote me on it

If you order a model with a 10 week lead time, with a +4 week lead time option AND and +6 week lead time option, then the total lead time is the longer of the two, not combined. So total lead time to arrival at dealer is 16 weeks, not 20.

Stoob

Apr 21, 2018
So total lead time to arrival at dealer is 16 weeks, not 20.

So the lead times indicate when it should be at the dealers? I thought they were the time between the factory accepting the order, and it going to build.

russbellrfs

Jan 7, 2018
Lead time is from when order accepted by factory to arrival at dealer

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

sdrfish

Jul 11, 2018
I’m looking at a cupra st when I rang the aldershot dealer they said that orders for this will re-open at the end of October as this is when it will have completed wltp certification.

Don’t suppose anybody else has asked this question at a dealer near them?

Copra68

Jun 10, 2013
I’m looking at a cupra st when I rang the aldershot dealer they said that orders for this will re-open at the end of October as this is when it will have completed wltp certification.

Don’t suppose anybody else has asked this question at a dealer near them?
Production has stopped and there is a huge tailback of orders many have been waiting since January and February. I believe it does re-open for order soon but you'll probably be waiting a long time.

Scrogg

Dec 31, 2017
Updated cw37 2018

(Please note that lead times are calculated from when your order is accepted by the factory, which can often be a number of weeks after it is placed by your dealership)

Mii 8-10 weeks
Ibiza 8-10 weeks
Leon 5dr 8-10 weeks
Leon ST 8-10 weeks
Arona 8-10 weeks
Ateca 8-10 weeks
Alhambra 8-10 weeks

Additional Lead Times

Ibiza 1.0 TSI +4 weeks
Ibiza FR Sport +4 weeks

Arona DSG-auto +6 weeks

Leon 1.0 TSI 115 +10 weeks
Leon 1.4 EcoTSI 150 +6 weeks (will be built as 1.5 TSI EVO 150)
Leon FR Sport +10 weeks

Ateca 1.0 TSI 115 +10 weeks
Ateca FR Sport +10 weeks

There are no additional lead times for any factory options not listed.

Last edited:

CupraRobX

Jun 29, 2006
Surrey
Just had an email from SEAT saying my car has been buílt, and is in transít from the factory!!
Its going to be a looooong 3-4 weeks lol
:cheers:
I'm hoping that means mine is too as it had Monday as build day! Who did you order through out of interest?

Scrogg

Dec 31, 2017
Updated cw40 2018

Mii 8-10 weeks
Ibiza 8-10 weeks
Leon 5dr 8-10 weeks
Leon ST 8-10 weeks
Arona 8-10 weeks
Ateca 8-10 weeks
Alhambra 8-10 weeks

Additional Lead Times

Ibiza 1.0 TSI +6 weeks

Leon 1.0 TSI +10 weeks
Leon 1.5 TSI +6 weeks
Leon FR Sport +6 weeks

Ateca 1.0 TSI +10 weeks
Ateca FR Sport +10 weeks

There are no additional lead times for any factory options not listed.

Last edited:

Stoob

Apr 21, 2018
Just had a phone convo with SEAT customer services, my car has been at the UK port for a couple days. Anyone know how long it takes to get to the dealers? I'm getting impatient knowing it's almost here lol

walshy

Jan 27, 2016
North West, UK
Just had a phone convo with SEAT customer services, my car has been at the UK port for a couple days. Anyone know how long it takes to get to the dealers? I'm getting impatient knowing it's almost here lol

Probably a week minimum, once you get it though, post pictures and if its a cupra let us know what gearbox/extra spec you may have received haha

Copra68

Jun 10, 2013
I've been told 3 to 4 weeks.

EDIT: Read it wrong it's 3 to 4 weeks from Spain. Not UK.

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise