Order Lead Times

Laura de los Santos

Oct 8, 2018
Hi there I just ordered a new Ibiza 1.0 tsi 115 xcellence about 3 weeks ago and I’ve been told that I would probably get my car by December/January. What I’ve been reading in here it looks very unlikely as I’ve had no confirmation yet of a building week...
does anyone know how long does it usually take from ordering to be accepted by factory?
Thanks

Scrogg

Living life only a short bus ride from the edge...
Dec 31, 2017
3-4 weeks i think.
There is no set time...
...does anyone know how long does it usually take from ordering to be accepted by factory?
...an order is accepted as soon as the supplying retailer has available quota, so sometimes it is almost immediately and sometimes it can be in the following month. The only people that can knowledgeably answer the question is your supplying retailer.

Reactions: Laura de los Santos

Scrogg

Dec 31, 2017
Updated cw41 2018

(Please note that lead times are calculated from when your order is accepted by the factory, which can often be a number of weeks after it is placed by your dealership)

Mii 8-10 weeks
Ibiza 8-10 weeks
Leon 5dr 8-10 weeks
Leon ST 8-10 weeks
Arona 8-10 weeks
Ateca 8-10 weeks
Alhambra 8-10 weeks

Additional Lead Times

Ibiza 1.0 TSI +8 weeks

Leon 1.0 TSI +10 weeks
Leon 1.5 TSI +6 weeks
Leon FR Sport +4 weeks
Leon CUPRA +4 weeks

Ateca 1.0 TSI +10 weeks
Ateca FR Sport +10 weeks

There are no additional lead times for any factory options not listed.

alpineSi

Oct 6, 2018
Nottingham
Hey guys, if it's any comfort, even here in Spain they're a bit all over the place with delivery dates. We ordered our Ibiza on 22 May and were told at various times we'd get it at the end of July, start of August and in Septmber. The dealer was notified that it would be built in week 29 (mid July) but he said after that the delivery time to the dealership was anyone's guess. In the end it arrived on 10th August.

Laura de los Santos

Oct 8, 2018
Thank you guys for all the info... I’m just anxious to get an approximate date or something, I’m without a car at the moment so that’s a little bit of a pain... and the dealer cannot really tell me anything else... so I’ll have to wait. But thanks to you all.

AlexOS

Thank you guys for all the info... I’m just anxious to get an approximate date or something, I’m without a car at the moment so that’s a little bit of a pain... and the dealer cannot really tell me anything else... so I’ll have to wait. But thanks to you all.
Ask the dealer to speak to mobex.. could get a free loan car.. I have

Krambo

Oct 6, 2018
I’ve been waiting for Ibiza xcellenxe lux since 23rd July what do you think the chances of a loan car would be.

AlexOS

According to CS, as soon as your order is accepted by the factory, then there is an expected delivery date (ie the 10-14 weeks for a Leon), the days this timescale elapses then the car is classed as late and you are entitled to make a claim for mobex.

Krambo

Oct 6, 2018
Dealer told me week 47 build. But was originally told I would receive car in October.

AlexOS

It’s the original date that matters.. the one on the date that the factory accepts the order..

if your order was accepted week 26 with a 10 week estimate, then on the first day of week 37 you are entitled to make a mobex claim.

That is how my claim manager explained it to me. You need to go back to your dealer and request a mobex claim be raised by them. If you’re leasing, then the lease compucan make the request to the dealer on your behalf.

They should organise the nearest equivalent vehicle to the one ordered.. I have a cupra st 4drive on order and they have loaned me a Golf R.

I have finally received a guild week of week 42 so should receive my car at the end of November. I have had the Golf for about 3 weeks now and they will collect it when my new car arrives.

The loan car should be free, including insurance, tax, servicing etc. You should only have to put fuel in it.

Stoob

Apr 21, 2018
That's interesting. My accepted date/order lead time means my car is now 2 weeks and 1 day late.

Reactions: AlexOS

Scrogg

Dec 31, 2017
Updated cw42 2018

(Please note that lead times are calculated from when your order is accepted by the factory, which can often be a number of weeks after it is placed by your dealership)

Mii 10-12 weeks
Ibiza 10-12 weeks
Leon 5dr 10-12 weeks
Leon ST 10-12 weeks
Arona 10-12 weeks
Ateca 10-12 weeks
Alhambra 10-12 weeks

Additional Lead Times

Ibiza 1.0 TSI +10 weeks

Leon 1.0 TSI +10 weeks
Leon 1.5 TSI +6 weeks
Leon FR Sport +4 weeks
Leon CUPRA +4 weeks

Ateca 1.0 TSI +10 weeks
Ateca FR Sport +10 weeks

Scrogg

Dec 31, 2017
Updated cw43 2018

Mii 10-12 weeks
Ibiza 10-12 weeks
Leon 5dr 10-12 weeks
Leon ST 10-12 weeks
Arona 10-12 weeks
Ateca 10-12 weeks
Alhambra 10-12 weeks

Additional Lead Times

Ibiza 1.0 TSI +10 weeks

Leon 1.0 TSI +10 weeks
Leon 1.5 TSI +6 weeks
Leon FR Sport +4 weeks
Leon CUPRA +6 weeks

Ateca 1.0 TSI +10 weeks
Ateca FR Sport +10 weeks

MalteseSeat

Aug 1, 2018
Hey @Scrogg. Quick question. Are you only able to check order numbers from your dealership or can you check anyone's order if they ask? Reason I ask is that the Maltese Dealership sucks at Customer Service and thought it might be easier to get it frm elsewhere :(