Order Lead Times

Deleted member 103408

@MalteseSeat have you tried raising this with your local seat customer support team. I doubt it will be any better but you never know.

MalteseSeat

Aug 1, 2018
@MalteseSeat have you tried raising this with your local seat customer support team. I doubt it will be any better but you never know.

I did. Only one dealer here in malta and their reply was a smirk and sometime in March (I ordered end of July and was told it was meant to be here by December) :cry:

admac21

Aug 30, 2018
Thought I'd update to give an idea of the time frames I've faced so far for a 5dr Leon 1.5 FR Sport. I placed my order 09/09/18 (which was the end of wk36), my order was accepted by the factory on 02/10/18 (wk40), and I've now got a confirmed build date of wk49, with my dealer advising about 3 weeks after that for delivery to them. So with any luck I should be looking at the first week of 2019 to pick it up.

Laura de los Santos

Oct 8, 2018
I’ve just been told that my building week should be week 50 but my dealership also has told me that this keeps changing??? How? For how things are going I don’t think I’ll get my ibiza 1.0 tsi excellence before February/March....

admac21

Aug 30, 2018
I’ve just been told that my building week should be week 50 but my dealership also has told me that this keeps changing??? How? For how things are going I don’t think I’ll get my ibiza 1.0 tsi excellence before February/March....

Yeah I had a similar issue, my dealership said mine was originally due wk47, but then changed to wk49. They assured me that was a confirmed build week now, so no idea if it changes again, and tbhI wouldn't be too surprised if it did.

Stoob

Apr 21, 2018
In my experience, confirmed build dates mean nothing im afraid.

Last edited:

Pepper28

Jun 18, 2018
I've given up hoping my Ibiza will come before Christmas.... I ordered in April, and was told end of September. I now have a nice hire car courtesy of Seat UK costing them £750 a month, so if that doesn't get them moving quicker then nothing will.

I encourage anyone with a delayed car to do the same, it's an entitlement and is arranged through Enterprise.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Lmbarrett83

Scrogg

Living life only a short bus ride from the edge...
Dec 31, 2017
Confirmed build dates mean nothing im afraid.
Scheduled build dates mean nothing. Confirmed build dates mean the car will be built in that week, and then arrive in the UK circa three weeks later.

Reactions: Lmbarrett83

Stoob

Apr 21, 2018
Confirmed build dates mean the car will be built in that week, and then arrive in the UK circa three weeks later.

Afriad not. I had emails from both SEAT UK and the dealer with a CONFIRMED build date, which was then cancelled and bumped back by 7 weeks.

Scrogg

Dec 31, 2017
Afriad not.
I'll rephrase my answer...

Scheduled build dates mean nothing. In the three years I have now been selling SEAT, other than in a tiny number of cases, confirmed build dates have meant the cars were built in that week, and then arrived in the UK circa three weeks later.

Either version is considerably more accurate than your sweeping generalisation that "confirmed build dates mean nothing"

Scrogg

Dec 31, 2017
Updated cw44 2018

(Please note that lead times are calculated from when your order is accepted by the factory, which can often be a number of weeks after it is placed by your dealership)

Mii 10-12 weeks
Ibiza 10-12 weeks
Leon 5dr 10-12 weeks
Leon ST 10-12 weeks
Arona 10-12 weeks
Ateca 10-12 weeks
Alhambra 10-12 weeks

Additional Lead Times

Ibiza 1.0 TSI +8 weeks

Leon 1.0 TSI +10 weeks
Leon 1.5 TSI +4 weeks
Leon FR Sport +4 weeks

Leon ST 1.0 TSI +10 weeks
Leon ST 1.5 TSI +4 weeks
Leon ST FR Sport +4 weeks
Leon ST CUPRA +8 weeks

Ateca 1.0 TSI +10 weeks
Ateca FR Sport +8 weeks

There are no additional lead times for any factory options not listed.

N.B: Additional lead times are concurrent not consecutive, so a Leon 1.5 TSI EVO 150 FR Sport would be +4 not +8 etc

Alfred

Jun 24, 2018
Updated cw44 2018

(Please note that lead times are calculated from when your order is accepted by the factory, which can often be a number of weeks after it is placed by your dealership)

Mii 10-12 weeks
Ibiza 10-12 weeks
Leon 5dr 10-12 weeks
Leon ST 10-12 weeks
Arona 10-12 weeks
Ateca 10-12 weeks
Alhambra 10-12 weeks

Additional Lead Times

Ibiza 1.0 TSI +8 weeks

Leon 1.0 TSI +10 weeks
Leon 1.5 TSI +4 weeks
Leon FR Sport +4 weeks

Leon ST 1.0 TSI +10 weeks
Leon ST 1.5 TSI +4 weeks
Leon ST FR Sport +4 weeks
Leon ST CUPRA +8 weeks

Ateca 1.0 TSI +10 weeks
Ateca FR Sport +8 weeks

There are no additional lead times for any factory options not listed.

N.B: Additional lead times are concurrent not consecutive, so a Leon 1.5 TSI EVO 150 FR Sport would be +4 not +8 etc

How does this work? I'm looking at 10-12 weeks for delivery for my Ateca Xcellence 1.5 that was built wk36, nevermind the 6 month wait I had for it to be built.

Pepper28

Jun 18, 2018
How does this work? I'm looking at 10-12 weeks for delivery for my Ateca Xcellence 1.5 that was built wk36, nevermind the 6 month wait I had for it to be built.
I think it's a massive scandal that people are still being quoted these times. I ordered mine in April and still don't have a build week, yet seemingly, and according to Seat, people who ordered way after me are going to get their car before (in reality I'm sure theirs will be just as delayed but why Seat haven't figured this out and given a more accurate time, who knows--well, it's clear, sales tactic!).

Alfred

Jun 24, 2018
I think it's a massive scandal that people are still being quoted these times. I ordered mine in April and still don't have a build week, yet seemingly, and according to Seat, people who ordered way after me are going to get their car before (in reality I'm sure theirs will be just as delayed but why Seat haven't figured this out and given a more accurate time, who knows--well, it's clear, sales tactic!).

Not always the case, I know someone who ordered an Ateca early september and they already have it.

Pepper28

Jun 18, 2018
Not always the case, I know someone who ordered an Ateca early september and they already have it.
That's so strange, I can't figure it out but it does really frustrate me. Ah well, got a nice smart hire car courtesy of Seat in the mean time .

Scrogg

Dec 31, 2017
How does this work?
It is an indication of standard lead times supplied to the retailer network by SEAT UK, and is as accurate as they can make it (assuming no unexpected delays) at the time it is published.

I just reproduce the information verbatim in case it may be of benefit/interest to the members of this forum. I have no other involvement with or influence over real world experiences of existing orders...

Krambo

Oct 6, 2018
What sort of hire/courtesy car are Seat obliged to loan me? They have said that I can have one from December.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.