Order placed

Shaun_E

Nov 21, 2003
Berkshire
Visit site
Well after much umming and aahing I placed an order on Monday for a new Exeo to replace my Leon FR TFSI. It's a sad sign that I am getting old - the ride on the Leon is too stiff and crashy so I was looking for something a bit more comfortable!
I've ordered the SE Lux model in Black Magic with the 170PS diesel engine - no other options required as it has everything I want. Should be able to collect it at the end of next week. Choosing a diesel was difficult for a confirmed petrolhead but it makes more sense than the petrol both in terms of mpg and residuals and besides I have a Caterham for the fun drives. I test drove a 143PS model and it had a reasonable amount of urge - there was also less body roll than I was expecting even though it wasn't the sport suspension. So it's not an exciting car but I think I will like it for the type of driving I mostly do these days. Does it say something about me that I have already been looking at Revo/Bluefin/etc.?:D

Stupra

Mar 25, 2008
West Yorkshire
Hello Shaun,

I had a K1 Cupra, Bluefinned to stage 2 which I px'd for an Exeo ST Sport 170, but I had to Bluefin mine, as all 4 other Seats I have had Superchips have played with!! Should be 200bhp ish & over 300lb/ft torque now.
You wont be disappointed. They dont roll alot I have found. They are MUCH more relaxed to drive than the Leon (FR worse than Cupra's!)
I am getting 45 mpg at the moment, but it only has 1700 miles on it, so still tight

Enjoy it!!

Stu

Shaun_E

Nov 21, 2003
Berkshire
Visit site
My Seat ownership seems to have gone in reverse: started out with a Mk1 Leon Cupra R then a Mk 2 Leon FR and now a diesel Exeo. :confused:
Good to know it won't all be bad though. I'll see how I manage with the engine in standard tune but may well look to chip it at a later date.

Leonidas

Ya should get the aero kit on it!!

f1xuz9.jpg

rllmuk

Apr 23, 2005
I must admit an Exeo with that kit on it is a very nice car. Had a look in one today at the dealer and it's miles above every other Seat in the range in quality inside - but then it would have been hard to screw that up from the A4.

Shaun_E

Nov 21, 2003
Berkshire
Visit site
Picked it up last night - looks great in Black Magic. 170 engine has plenty of torque - it encourages a lazier style of driving than I'm used to but that's probably a good thing!
Only disappointment is that using a USB stick for music, the album and track names are not displayed. This seems strange as if you put an MP3 CD in then they are. I guess that's the price for having a "previous generation" car.
I'll post later in the week once I've driven it for a few days.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise