Oulton Park Anyone?

LordStorm

Did someone say APR?
Feb 27, 2005
MaDchester
With Mondello being in Ireland and out of the reach to most people, who is interested in Oulton Park?

Should be a great day and a chance for you southerners to experience Northern rain...

Craig

not for us i'm sorry to say!!!

might make Thruxton or Snetterton later in the year.

Defo up for Brands again at the end of the season, and may even pay a visit for the WTCC.

What's the odds at the moment for driver and manufacturer titles this year for SEAT, both BTCC and WTCC.

Is it worth putting a bet on with say, Ladbrokes for 4 titles in 2006?????

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Every year ive been to a BTCC race at Oulton its been blazing hot. In fact it was last year, up until mid afternoon, but then we got the maddest downpour ever. :D

just in case you are interested in any Seat Sport merchandise, there was no stand at Brands Hatch :(

T-shirts/caps/fleeces were available at the back of the Blaupunkt tent!!

Extremely poor choice and layout, and no outside advertising/banners/flags.

We ended up in the paddock park and asked the SEAT SPORT support guys where we could get the stuff from??

Got my no14 Thommo hat, then got all three drivers to sign it :)

ZBOYD said:
Every year ive been to a BTCC race at Oulton its been blazing hot. In fact it was last year, up until mid afternoon, but then we got the maddest downpour ever. :D

didn't they abandon the Porsche Cup race?? and it was looking a bit grim for the 3rd BTC race if i remember (you know, the one where plato was leading, then went straight on at the hairpin :doh: )

Craig Senior

I've been Tango'd
May 24, 2004
Yorkshire
ZBOYD said:

Oh yes I remember that. Boy did it rain.

I'll be there again this year for the burn, drown thing again.

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Yup, ended up doing a re-run of the Porker race at Mondello.

JP cocked his brake bias up, I remember him saying, and it went nose heavy into Island hairpin.

Up until that point, it was over 30 degrees, one of the hottest race days ive been too, mad that it was at my home circuit, but its always barmy at Oulton,

Always go to watch qualifying at Oulton too, as its near home.

only ever been to qualifying at Brands once, got into an arguement about race day, (back then it was on bank holiday monday for BTCC)
Was told race day was the sunday due to live TV coverage, but i dis-agreed due to past history.
eventually gave in, so off to Brands nice and early on the Sunday to watch, and guess what ~ Qualifying, race day was BH Monday.

So, watched the morning free practise and first qualifying session, then straight home for Brazilian Grand prix, BBq and a few beers, and back again the next day for racing :)

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
jase will be bringing some drips this year,giving first aid as we crossed the track was a great idea,but driving a rag top in blazing sun maybe wasn't.zed,i will bring the wet proof car seat coavers this year ;)

CupraTgirl

Model Behaviour
Nov 8, 2002
England
Visit site
LordStorm said:
With Mondello being in Ireland and out of the reach to most people, who is interested in Oulton Park?

Should be a great day and a chance for you southerners to experience Northern rain...

Craig

I think me, Askara and flashbsd want to try and come, if not a few more ;)

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
jason said:
jase will be bringing some drips this year,giving first aid as we crossed the track was a great idea,but driving a rag top in blazing sun maybe wasn't.zed,i will bring the wet proof car seat coavers this year ;)

Apparently Saul and Hugos maybe camping :D

MarkE

Acceptable in the 80s
Jul 20, 2003
Lancaster
www.markeaston.org
I'll be there again - still trying to find the best place to spectate from (it's an arse at Oulton getting anywhere near the track but still being able to more than a corner or two)

Muzorewa

¡Muchas gracias señores!
Aug 6, 2003
Manchester
Visit site
I think the best place is by Cascades, you can see the cars after the first corner, then sweep round onto the long circuit up towards Island bend. You then see them coming down towards the Knicker Brook chicane as well. Probably the most you can see the cars from one spot.

Best camera point is outfield at Lodge (the last corner), get the old lodge in the background, and the sun is in the right place if you've got a crap camera. :rolleyes: