over revving

Jan 8, 2007
Wiltshire
OK, this isn't a problem with my Cupra but in fact my lift share's Nissan Sunny but wondering if anyone can offer some insight here.

Basically, sometimes when he puts his foot down when already in gear the revs just jump with no increase in acceleration and he says he can feel feedback through the clutch pedal, but it's not slipping at all when pulling away after changing gear.

My guess is a sticky throttle cable but has anyone else got any ideas what else it might be?

cupramillo

The "Red Baron"
Feb 24, 2008
South London
Run a search for over reving. I had (still have this problem intermitently) and it comes and goes. Revs jump up about 500-1000k in between changes, trying VAG'ing it and doing a throttle body allignement. Also the usual culprit is the clutch predal switch, located at the top of the clutch pedal. There is a thread of that knocking about the forum 2.

Hope this helps

lambert

I have this problem with my ibiza cupra and cant find the thread. can anybody help with this please?? its been a persistant problem once warmed up the revs stick and over rev, if i turn the car off, leave it for a minute and start it it seems to reset for a while then misbehave again. very annoying believe me!! any help is appreciated thanks. Ricky

lambert

no not a clutch slip, it revs itself up without touching the clutch when just coming off the accelerator. it only does it when the engine is warm, so i turn the car off thn it reset its self and drives normal again. it also judders when you come off the accelerator hot or cold engine. but no vagcom codes for the problem. ANY HELP?? thanks

Apr 12, 2019
no not a clutch slip, it revs itself up without touching the clutch when just coming off the accelerator. it only does it when the engine is warm, so i turn the car off thn it reset its self and drives normal again. it also judders when you come off the accelerator hot or cold engine. but no vagcom codes for the problem. ANY HELP?? thanks

did you manage to fix this in the end?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.