Overheat...

clum1

Just off an overnight flight from New York, shuttle back to Glasgow and stuck in rush hour traffic I got an overheat. All my money was spent on MAFs, Lambda probes new rear shocks and NY burgers and beer - tell me I don't need to buy a new water pump too, please (I searched before I posted)!
Is this common with the V5? I had it happen once before; this is probably the first really bad traffic since then. Should I take it to the stealer?

Arghhhh!!!!!

clum

CHR15B

May 5, 2005
Scotland
Could just be the cylinder head gasket, what mileage is on the car?

Check expansion tank and oil cap for tell-tale signs of immulsion. (If you didn't gather already - it looks like mayo!)

It may just be a one-off cars DO overheat its only if it happens every time your out that somethings wrong.

clum1

No sign of mayo on the expansion tank last night, but I'lll check the oil cap. I've got a few fuses kicking about so I'll change them too. Could it have anything to do with why my A/C doesn't seem to be chilling? The compressor is kicking in and the system has been recharged recently.

clum1

clum1

Took it to the stealer and they reckon it's the fusebox on the battery; lots of corrosion on the contacts. I replaced one of the fuses a few months ago - it wasn't blown but the new one worked where the old didn't.
Still, can't believe there's an hour's work in replacing a relatively small part like this,

clum

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.