Oversized/tighter PD150 Injector Seals

andymc

Mar 20, 2017
Just adding this for anybody who may come across fuel getting into the oil issue from injectors and having problems resolving.

The injectors on my pd150 have been in and out a few times over the past few years and every time they come out the vibration scores/marks on the sides of the injector bore are quite pronounced, this means that I take a little fine wet and dry paper to take the sharp edges off so the seals don’t get damaged whilst refitting (I’ll just add that I always replace the seals when refitting and use grease so the seals don’t get stuck also).

So the last time I fitted them as normal however I started to get some diesel seeping through and starting problems and the oil level seemed to be increasing slowly over a few days.

So long story short I’ve tried various diameter and width combinations as oversized o-rings for the top seal.

The size I’ve finally settled on is
26.64mm ID x 2.62mm C/S, Viton 90 seal from a place on eBay ‘sealforce’ in Perth or Dundee, I used new normal seals for the other seals but these have now done a good 1000miles without the starting issues re-occurring.

The 2.62 size is a tiny tiny amount larger than the originals which measure to about 2.4-2.5mm on average but it’s enough to make them a tighter fit.

The pack of 10 delivered was under £6 and a word of caution if you do this is that once this is done a slide hammer puller will not be really good enough really to pull the injector as they are a bit tighter and the puller might get damaged, you’ll need to fabricate or use something to put a continuous pull on the injector. (I have a hollow press that I use for wheel bearings and m9r injectors).

And before inserting them best to take any sharp edge off of the top of the bore to let the seal get into the bore without damage.

Cheers

Reactions: Compo1
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise