Oz SuperT's colour?

cupra_ad

Sep 18, 2008
I've just bought a set of SuperT's second hand and I'm thinking of refurbishing them and spraying white.
Does anyone know the name of the white colour that they are?

Cheers!

cupra_ad

Sep 18, 2008
wow they actually look really good!
how many hours did they take?

I'm considering doing them myself but just not sure whether I have the balls!
If its a weekend job i'll do them!

Mat

I did them as and when I could be bothered LMAO. Still got 2 to do.... First one took a couple of hours to prep, but once you get goin it's ok, and time flies.... Think the 2nd one took about 45-60mins to prep. Depends on condition really

I did mine before the ones above, and they took about 15-20mins a wheel to prep

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=121113

they had light scuffs and was a case of sanding smooth and then painting

cupra_ad

Sep 18, 2008
thats not too bad i could do one a night prep then spray them all on the weekend or something!
might be a stupid question but when i spray them would i need to lay them like you have in the pics do the fronts then when dry do the backs? or what? :S

Mat

place on small pieces of wood and just rest the tyre wall on them..... I did the insides first.... As I was just re-spraying hem again, I just gave a light spray inside.

With the white ones, I sprayed the inners first, and then turned the wheels over and did the fronts..... few good coats, followed by lacquer

Mat

Wilkos..... They sell Plastikote. Nothing wrong with it either TBH! Used it on mine and my mates....

Know a few other people who have used it on wheels too

cupra_ad

Sep 18, 2008
ok mate nice one think im gona go for it! start them tonight!

any idea how many tins of primer/paint/lacquer i'll need for 4 17" alloys... they're currently silver so will need a fair few coats i expect!

all i'll need then is new stickers :p ha

Mat

2 of each.... 6 tins in total should be enough

2 primer, 2 lacquer, 2 colour

cupra_ad

Sep 18, 2008
nice one sounds like a plan to me!
just looked at your car thread, looking hot mate

Mat

mine are still fine.... but mine were just sanded smooth and sprayed.... my mates are still at mine, track use only

TBH, if you hit a pot hole and it "cracks" the filler, the way I see it is that it would have caused a scuff anyway :)

jamieread

Oct 14, 2007
Might do my standard cupra wheels. Minor curbing so will need barely any filler.
Just wondered about stone chips and that.

andy_tratter

Sep 17, 2008
Near JabbaSport ;)
looking good there lads. ive got a set of cupra r super t's that need doing, being mulit spoke are they hard to paint? also does anyone know the original colour of the seat sport super t's?

cheers

cupra_ad

Sep 18, 2008
if you ask me again in a few days i'll be able to tell you if they're easy to spray.
i'm currently now refurbishing my supert's 17" in white. sanded one down and filled today

imagine they'll be easy to spray as long as you prime them properly first

cupra_ad

Sep 18, 2008
nah shouldnt be a problem as long as they are primed well and only do a light coat of paint first then two more proper coats.... well this is what im hoping!
i'll post come pics on sat when I should have one done haha takes a long time to prep!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.