P0407 EGR Sensor B Circuit Low

tinovator

Mar 27, 2017
Hi everyone! I have Seat Leon 1P1 with 1.6 TDI 77kw with 175k km (approx. 108k miles)

So last week I was driving through the city, I didn't want to catch the red light so I floored it and suddenly glow plug light started blinking, and the car got into safe mode. I pulled aside and scanned errors with ODB scanner. I got an error - P0407 EGR Sensor B Circuit Low. I cleaned everything and started driving again. I got to the motorway, floored it again, I was literally ripping it apart just to blow all parts of the exhaust system, but there was no error. I started driving the next day, still no error. So another day passes, I was driving in the city again (under 2200rpm) and here it is again. Same error, same behavior.

I noticed that it is usually happening at around 70°C. Never happened at full engine temperature or below it. I was logging EGR position with Torque while driving and I see it is opening and closing normally.
Upon further exploration and watching a bunch of youtube videos, I noticed that there is an electric motor with a magnet and a sensor to tell it's position. I had an idea to just replace the el. motor assembly which includes the sensor and the magnet. I don't know if it is possible to purchase it separately or I must buy whole EGR valve with the cooler.

Another idea was to do EGR off (maybe even DPF) and do a Stage 1 remap with Revo or Sedox.
To be honest, I don't want to do anything to the car because it is perfectly fine and I don't want to have a light show on my dashboard after getting it tuned and doing EGR and DPF software operation.

I heard that VW/SEAT will bear part of the cost for replacing EGR on those early versions of 1.6 TDI. Is that true, anyone had success?

What to do?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members