P0601 error

lesinge2k

Feb 18, 2009
Uttoxeter
Hi,

I've posted this in the Mk2 leon area aswell.

The epc light came on the other day.

I used vag-com and got the following:

001537 - Internal Control Module
P0601 - 001 - Memory Check Sum Error

I've re-installed the original engine software, which didn't fix it and replaced the battery as the voltage was low, but that didn't work either.

Any further suggestions? or is it a new ecu?

The car runs fine and is not in limp mode.

towcester vag

Oct 17, 2011
duston northants
as replied on your other post
take to seat for a software update
just done the same on one of my customers vwgolf2.0tfsi
it goes from version 10 to version 30

Bondiblu

Enthusiast
Mar 18, 2007
Cheshire

lesinge2k

Feb 18, 2009
Uttoxeter
is there a separate bit of software on the eeprom which gets re-written then? Am I still able to run the supachips map once fixed, or will this re-install the old problem?

Bondiblu

Enthusiast
Mar 18, 2007
Cheshire
is there a separate bit of software on the eeprom which gets re-written then? Am I still able to run the supachips map once fixed, or will this re-install the old problem?

If you get your car in for a software upgrade and then reflash it with your bluefin, yes, you'll probably be re-installing the problem, as your initial map (on the bluefin) was based on the current software. You could possibly have a word with superchips regarding the issue, they may try and resolve it for you.

lesinge2k

Feb 18, 2009
Uttoxeter
I got the problem sorted today. The local seat dealer reflashed the ecu with the latest version of the software and the epc light and fault code has gone, and hasn't returned.

If I want the power back, I need to send the bluefin off to supachips HQ to have the unit wiped and new firmware installed.

Thanks for the help in sorting the problem bondiblu and towcester vag.

Last edited:

towcester vag

Oct 17, 2011
duston northants
you are lucky as the older ecus require replacing for this fault
the newer is just an upgrade
also it does help having a couple of mates who work for vag technical who will give advise when stuck

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise