Pabs Platinum Grey mk4 Ibiza Cupra - Stage1 OEM++

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
Thanks mate - fingers crossed I'll get something that'll keep me happy for as long as the Ibiza has :)
And maybe I'll be back in another SEAT! (although not sure I honestly like the mk2's)
Just need to sort the finances out and see what's out there.

Mar 20, 2009
Largs Scotland
I always look back and regret selling mine probably the best car Ive owned but my Nissan was definitely the funnest.

What have you been looking at? I picked up a B6 A4 1.9tdi for a good price and it's a cracking motor so comfy and handles really well.

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
Hey fella - sounds like your A4 is nice - it has been on my shortlist. Problem for me is, the boot opening isn't big enough to fit my clobber in, so really need a hatchback.

On the list:
Octavia vRS (White or Blue if possible)
Audi A4
Leon FR

My commute is 60 miles a day (30 each way) so think I need to go diesel :'( - Don't want to but probably the best thing for me to do.

So just working on getting the money together, and finding out how much I can sell the Ibiza for! I expect it's probably only work around 2.5k-3k trade-in, which means it's a LOT of car for the money.

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
Well folks who still read this...

Car has nearly clocked 70k now, and still going strong. Flew through it's MOT in January with no issues so this car has been very good to me :)

All that said, it's likely to go up for sale soon (unless my part-ex valuation is acceptable) as I'm hoping to get a diesel vRS. So keep your eyes peeled in the classifieds on here/PH etc. I may have to remove some of the mods if it goes in to a dealer - but I'd prefer it to go to someone who'll look after it just like I have.

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
Thanks guys. Will be a shame to sell but it's time for a change. Had this for 4.5years now and she's never missed a beat, I need 5 doors and a diesel now! Might stick a feeler thread up in the classifieds soon.

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
lol cheers dude :) it's up in the classifieds on here now, but I am in no rush at the moment so will take interest as it comes :)

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
Dude!!! It's been ages! How are you sir? Since the demise of MSN I haven't seen you around much! Hope all is good and thanks for the comments ;)

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
Well the ibiza is now sold! It's going to a very good home (you'll all know the new owner) and I'll be getting a new motor in a couple of days.
Shame to sell, but I'm excited to be getting a well looked after vRS which should last me for a good few years to come. Will update this in a few days probably! :)

Oct 21, 2006
Norfolk
Best of luck Paul. The VRS is a great car, so I'm sure you'll get on well with it. Our family wagon is a passat CC 2.0 TDI Bluemotion and it's brill. Fuel economy is excellent. A real cruiser. Nice to have the comfort too. Keep us all updated on the new motor :)

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Well the ibiza is now sold! It's going to a very good home (you'll all know the new owner) and I'll be getting a new motor in a couple of days.
Shame to sell, but I'm excited to be getting a well looked after vRS which should last me for a good few years to come. Will update this in a few days probably! :)

It's great that you're excited about the vRS, and I'm excited about the Ibiza.

Can't wait to see if you do the little bits I always hoped to

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
Cheers m0rk, hope the ibiza serves you as well as it did me :)
The vRS has gone to a good home - I am looking forward to many years of ownership!

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.