Pabs Platinum Grey mk4 Ibiza Cupra - Stage1 OEM++

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
Today I got the flip key cut - cost me £10. Programmed the key in a matter of seconds, which was great. However, in doing so, I've found that my newly cut key will lock all doors/boot, will start/stop the car, but will not unlock the doors using the lock barrels.
I can only assume that the key hasn't been cut properly - as my other keys work fine. I shall go back to the key place tomorrow and probably get another one cut.
Another slight negative, is that I went for the 3 button key, which most ibiza owners seem to get working fine, but I can't get the boot unlock button to function. This isn't a huge problem, just a shame.

Another delivery arrived today: (sorry for the dark pics)

Yes, against my better judgement, I opted for the polo rear wiper instead of the Ibiza facelift one. I figured that as I had front aero's already, I may as well get a rear to match. Dead easy to fit, and used a bit of wet-n-dry on the polo cover to stop it from scratching the glass.

Last edited:

edewer

May 14, 2007
Newbury/Reading
she looks good pabs.

every time i see this thread it makes me sad, and makes me regret selling it!

just picked up my new wheels, and although more comfy than the ibiza, not having the power there makes me sad :(

Graph hopefully made the post today if the other half wasnt too lazy

ed

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
Thanks Ed!

Still working on getting the boost surging sorted, but hopefully I'll get to the bottom of it!

By the way - you'll have to change your sig to your new wheels now! :p

Radge-Aha

Jun 11, 2009
Platinum Grey.. Best colour there is :D

Nice looking car too, very shiny :p
Wish i had the time and patience to shine mine up like that.

ATP

Another slight negative, is that I went for the 3 button key, which most ibiza owners seem to get working fine, but I can't get the boot unlock button to function. This isn't a huge problem, just a shame.

have you tried holding down the button? should work after a couple of seconds (thought mine wasn't working too!)

what's the part number on your key? mines HLO 1J0 959 753 DA

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
I have same keyfob as you. As per other posts - it doesn't work on all mk4 ibizas it seems - depends on version of CCM on the car. (which i think is the Convienence control module)

Damoegan

Sir Bob,a geordy legend..
Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
I first bought a 2 button flip key but I got the wrong one, then got a 3 button one and got it working but the boost unlock still did'nt work. So I put the internals of the 3 button one into the 2 button one just for the looks :)

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
ATP - you're a star mate - thanks for the tip.

Holding down the boot unlock button for a few seconds works!!!!! :D Well chuffed now!

Few more updates to this thread coming when I've had my dinner.

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
Well tonight I've been a busy man!

Arrived home with another one of my expected deliveries:

I'm intending to use this for trips to shows and such, and whenever I'm expecting long journeys etc. I don't really see the point in using it around town - the majority of stone chips come from motorways. I also think I might get some plastic tubing and fit into the 2 wind deflectors to help them keep their shape.

Once I was home, I was straight out into the garage to continue the electric door opener installation, and here's my progress!

These are the main components of the system - all constructed and ready to be mounted:

And here we have the mechanism mounted to the roof, all tested working and secure!

The final stage is to get the arm mounted to the door itself, and then adjust as necessary. This is probably the trickiest part, as requires drilling some holes, and removing the rivets that hold the current door lock mechanism to the frame.

Last edited:

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
Mine is a petrol 1.8T cupra. It's all mesh bar the centre section, which has the vertical slats.

EDIT: I'm told that I've got the FR top grille section, with the Cupra centre section.

Last edited:

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
WOW - I learn something every day! hehe. Well in which case, I prefer the ones I have! :)

I need to remove the bumper and refit it though - I think when it was refitted last time it wasn't quite right - seems to sit a bit too low, and the gap between bumper/bonnet is bigger than I'd like it to be. Plus the bumper on the drivers side isn't quite right.

Sure this is easy enough though - and I'll probably need to take it off to fit my new bulbs.

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
Not much of an update so far this bank holiday weekend, but hopefully get some more done tomorrow.

I've finished the garage door opener now, which was easy to fit, but took quite a while adjusting and getting it set up correctly. I need to fix/replace one of the remotes, and also fit an emergency opener in case of power failure (no other entrance into the garage) but otherwise it's done and dusted.

Also planning on painting the garage door once it's 100% finished to tidy it up.

As for the car - well I've fitted my Philips main/dipped beam combination of bulbs. Look MUCH brighter than standard bulbs I can even tell the difference in the daylight! I haven't managed to do the sidelight bulbs yet, as I don't like SEATs idea of simply pulling on the cables!

I've also fitted the Green Panel filter, although I haven't driven the car with it yet. I suspect I've got a knackered MAF or N75 with the ongoing boost surging issues, so I'll need to investigate further into this.

I've attempted to order an LCR splitter and Cupra engine cover from SEAT this week, but seems that the engine covers are on back order, so no idea when/if it'll turn up.

Tomorrow I plan on giving the car a good clean, including clay bar, but this depends on the weather.

Future plans - well, not going to say anything (yet) as nothing is set in stone, but a few more choice modifications could well be on the way shortly! :)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.