Pabs Platinum Grey mk4 Ibiza Cupra - Stage1 OEM++

edewer

May 14, 2007
Newbury/Reading
damo - yeah was a new DV about 3-4 months ago. Still running the green spring. very nearly got the yellow at the JKM RR day but changed my mind.

Paul - engine wise all that changed was the plugs and filter. when i put the standard filter back on the surge definitely got a lot less obvious. Nothing else i can think of that i changed during my ownership.

hope you get to the bottom of it, as i badgered regal to fix it, and they were very unhelpful, and asked a few questions on here, none of which seemed to really find out the issue. i thought it was the n75 but a number of people assured me it wasnt

ed

Damoegan

Sir Bob,a geordy legend..
Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
I personaly dont think it will be the N75 vale eithe,r as they are alot more reliable than people think and very rarely fail.

I think the problem lies with the map.

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
I personaly dont think it will be the N75 vale eithe,r as they are alot more reliable than people think and very rarely fail.

I think the problem lies with the map.

I agree - but before I end up splashing out £400 odd for a new remap, I thought it best to try and cover all bases. I've got a spare N75 here, so it won't cost me anything but time to swap it over and see.

If it comes down to the map - I'll probably end up going down the Revo route etc as I know JKM do these and I can rely on them for good customer service and assistance.

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
Not much to update with at the moment, but tonight I've fitted my emergency release for my garage door - all works fine, which is great news!

I bought a 2nd remote for the electric door from ebay, but turns out is the wrong one - it's so close it's unbelievable, but it doesn't work.. still - it was only £3, so worth a shot!

Also got a new headunit for my car today, but again, turns out it's the wrong one! I bought what was supposed to be the MP3 version of the Alana headunit - but turns out the seller mis-advertised so I'm going to be getting a refund on that. Still - that was a bargain too... ;)

So future plans, involve an iphone "adapter" to plug into standard stereo (been looking at Dension and similar) - so long as it charges the phone, and plays the mp3's, I'm happy.

As for performance modifications - I'll be collecting a handful of bits in a few weeks, and I'll be enquring as to alternative remaps to replace my seemingly sh*te map. (with sh*t customer service behind it, too)

Other than that - I've got to stop spending as service, insurance, MOT and Tax are all coming up in the next few months!

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
Thanks mate!

Today, i took delivery of the engine cover, so I've got one on the car now! Tidies up the engine bay so much, simple things eh?

Thanks to those involved in sourcing one for me :)

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
Much happier with my engine bay now :

Still working on a design for 1 modification, taking a little longer than expected, but I want it to be perfect!

Next weekend will bring a lot more updates: JKM RR day, and collection of a LOT of bits for the beeza :D

Last edited:

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
Thanks matey ;)

Lee - where abouts are you in Fareham, and what time you thinking of leaving? I suspect an 8:30am get-there, so will probably pass you at about 8:15 ish..

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
UPDATE:

I performed a TBA last night, and I swear my car boost surging has improved! I still notice it, but far less frequently than I did before! Will keep monitoring this week to see how it goes, but I don't understand why this would/may help cure the issue....

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
Not cleaned it (yet) but just an alignment via vag-com seems to have helped. I don't want to speak too soon though - might just be my imagination.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.