Pabs Platinum Grey mk4 Ibiza Cupra - Stage1 OEM++

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
This weekend saw me collect quite a few goodies for the car:

And also

So in this little lot, you'll spy some Eibach 10mm wheel spacers, longer wheel bolts, including locking bolts, SEAT Sport front strut brace, LCR splitter, Whiteline rear ARB, and finally some KW V1 coilovers.

Although the majority of this is 2nd hand, everything is in good condition albeit a bit grubby. I will be spending the next few weeks cleaning it all up and painting a few bits.

Also progressed with another little modification today. Needs more work, but so far, I'm very happy with the progress. Just a few bits to fabricate and hopefully I'll have it all working, and will let everyone see my hard work :)

Last edited:

Damoegan

Sir Bob,a geordy legend..
Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
:clap:

That should transform the handling mate :yes:

Same spacers as mine (mine are 20mm though) and wer also second hand and needed cleaning/painting too.

Before cleaning/painting

P13-04-09_1635.jpg

After

P15-04-09_0619.jpg

Used GALVE SPRAY, awsome stuff

P13-04-09_1732.jpg

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
sweet - thanks mate. I'm still going OEM+ styling, so plans are to spray the strut brace and rear ARB black.

Where did you get the paint? Anything special about it?

Damoegan

Sir Bob,a geordy legend..
Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
I got it through work ;)

Its Galvanise spray so should stop them coroding again. I also done the hub part of the rear discs so the all mach :)

CIMG0097.jpg

CIMG0110.jpg

Have a google for galve spray, loads of places sell it.

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
thanks dude :)
Found some similar stuff on ebay. Might go down that route, will see how I get on with the other bits first!

mrcoyote

See no evil...
Jul 26, 2004
This weekend saw me collect quite a few goodies for the car

So in this little lot, you'll spy some Eibach 10mm wheel spacers, longer wheel bolts, including locking bolts, SEAT Sport front strut brace, LCR splitter, Whiteline rear ARB, and finally some KW V1 coilovers.

That lot looks familiar... ;)

Enjoy the bits as I know I did. :)

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Now your talking.
Would love a spin in a well sorted MK4.
Very good set you you will have there.
You planning on taking it on the track?

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
Looks good Pabs.

I didnt see you at the AmD meet? Would have been good to chat.

Hi mate,

Yeah - I was there from about 10-1pm ish. Just wandering around with the gf. Didn't really talk to many people as didn't know the faces, so just had a browse at the cars, got some ideas.

Car was parked right up at the far end, closest to the exit.

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
Now your talking.
Would love a spin in a well sorted MK4.
Very good set you you will have there.
You planning on taking it on the track?

Well - plans are to first get it all fitted, and see how it handles, but i think this will be the extend of my handling mods. Don't think anything else would be worthwhile for my use.

I *might* take it on a trackday or 2, depending on my circumstances at the time. Definately planning to get it over to Germany and the 'ring though! :D

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Hi mate,

Yeah - I was there from about 10-1pm ish. Just wandering around with the gf. Didn't really talk to many people as didn't know the faces, so just had a browse at the cars, got some ideas.

Car was parked right up at the far end, closest to the exit.
Next time say hello! :) We are all a friendly bunch round that way hehe.

My car was right next to the AmD big blue lorry.

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
ahh, in which case, I had a good look at your car then! Spent a while looking at the engine bay as I didn't realise it was a diesel LOL.

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
ahh, in which case, I had a good look at your car then! Spent a while looking at the engine bay as I didn't realise it was a diesel LOL.
:lol: I bet you did if you saw it on the RR. Everyone came out with soot covered faces.

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
:lol: I bet you did if you saw it on the RR. Everyone came out with soot covered faces.

Ah yes - I remember THAT car very well!!
Should it have been smoking that much? Decatted?

And Ken - shhhhhhh. ;) I just ASSUMED (oops) that it was a petrol car, and didn't recognise the engine. lol. Forgot the FR's came with the LCR kit :redface:

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Ah yes - I remember THAT car very well!!
Should it have been smoking that much? Decatted?

And Ken - shhhhhhh. ;) I just ASSUMED (oops) that it was a petrol car, and didn't recognise the engine. lol. Forgot the FR's came with the LCR kit :redface:
Its pretty normal for big turbo diesels. Yes she has a full turbo back exhaust with no cat. :) I bought the LCR front bumper from fester without planning too..it looked the same as your old leon at one point!

EDIT: Your car was one of the reasons I got the leon all those years ago. Well definitely the colour anyway.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.