Pace FMIC

smoothuk

SmoothNAV
Aug 26, 2005
Essex
Ok, so a "SOURCE" tells me that Pace have just taken in a FMIC for the Leon, had looked at the forge one and the flow rate was crap??? (i dont know, just passing on what i heard), they decided they could do better so....have to wait and see, i offered my LCR as a test motor obviously...would have been rude not too...so watch this keep ya eyes peeled for one in the near future!

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Seems to me that this SOURCE is just spreading sour grapes. Forge have a product in the market place, and it works very well, thank you :)

Maybe other companies should just get on with it and produce their products and don't make stories about other products in the marketplace. SCN isn't about sour grapes and the spreading of rumours and dis-information. So being blunt pack it in, or we'll just start deleting them.

cordobabrendy

FOOORRREEE!
Aug 24, 2001
belfast
yup Im running a forge LC fmic and have no complaints whatsoever, temps are down bigtime and running boost 6 timing 7 im not having any retard, psi is normal so how is it crap?

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
I never buy anything from companies that 'put down' other products.

If this is an 'official' source, I'd be inclined to recomend the same.

Also proclaiming something that isn't designed yet as 'better' is impressive BS

matt_s

4 8 15 16 23 42
Dec 23, 2004
It's also very easy to look at someone elses product and then make your own. No development costs mean you can sell it cheaper.

Ruddmeister

Everything in Moderation
Jun 23, 2003
Weston-super-Mare
en.wikipedia.org
smoothuk said:
Ok, so a "SOURCE" tells me that Pace have just taken in a FMIC for the Leon, had looked at the forge one and the flow rate was crap???

LOL well as far as I knew the first three out the door at Forge were Syphon's, Zboyds and mine.

That was up to a week last Saturday so someone did some quick testing.

warren_cox

Back from the dead
As Steve says, there are only a few about - I'm still waiting for mine to arrive from the 1st GB, and as we probably know all the people who own them on this site then you've got to assume that the smell of horse $h1t is pungent with respect to the crap thats being spoken re: testing it in detail.
Anything can see improvement with evolution, but I doubt Forge would want to start risking their reputation turning out crap.

bentaw

Revo'd LCR
Oct 1, 2004
Hampshire
just thought i would let you know neither Pace nor myself have said that the Forge one is crap, i would be on that forge group buy now, the only reason i got mine done through Pace is becuase i wanted something different done to my car and wanted us to have more than 2 options, A&M and Forge, a bit more competition for the products we buy. Pace have decided to make a 2 row 40mm core that is wider than the Forge one but not as tall. I think all these rumours that people are slagging other companies off is BS i have brought Forge products before and i am sure i will again i recomend their products. What has probably been taken out of context is that some mate of mine has a S3 with a Forge FMIC that he feels can be improved on he didnt say it was crap he has never said dont buy Forge his only complaint with it is the pipework size. He has offered his car to Pace to see if they want to improve on it if they can at all.

So i dont know who your source is but i think that both companies would not create crap products of course there are always going to be improvments made on every product every company will say that their product offers this and the others will say that their product offers something else, so lets just see what comes of the Pace FMIC and judge for ourselves

Last edited:

bentaw

Revo'd LCR
Oct 1, 2004
Hampshire
Also i can tell you now that Pace have not had a look at the Forge FMIC as i only gave my car to them last Monday and i believe you guys had ur Forge FMIC fitted on the Saturday before that so like Rudd said that is some really quick testing and considering they dont work weekends aswell makes the testing even quicker.

Ruddmeister

Everything in Moderation
Jun 23, 2003
Weston-super-Mare
en.wikipedia.org
bentaw said:
Also i can tell you now that Pace have not had a look at the Forge FMIC as i only gave my car to them last Monday and i believe you guys had ur Forge FMIC fitted on the Saturday before that so like Rudd said that is some really quick testing and considering they dont work weekends aswell makes the testing even quicker.

I think we would all be happy to see alternatives on the market, some healthy competition is good for consumers.

The which is 'best' issue will probably never be resolved, back to back testing with one car is only way and it's a lot of work.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.