Paint Issues with Luna Grey FR

Simon_Peters

2008 Leon Fr TFSI & 01 R6
Apr 11, 2007
Weston-Super-Mare
Hello,

I think I have read on here before about some people having issues with paint in perfections but here goes.

My Luna Grey FR is only 3 weeks old and I have only just managed to give it a good clean with the weather being so pants the last few days. After washing it I noticed the front bumper has a weird look to it as if the paint in cloudy. Do you think I will get anywhere if I took it back and complained now? I didn't get the car from my local dealer though as it was came from a HSBC as a lease car.

What do you think?

Cheers
Simon

Simon_Peters

Apr 11, 2007
Weston-Super-Mare
Yeah, should I let it go do you think or should I mention it too them?

Are you happy to leave it or are you thinking about getting them sorted??

Cheers

dubnut71

Oct 9, 2007
Hello,

I think I have read on here before about some people having issues with paint in perfections but here goes.

My Luna Grey FR is only 3 weeks old and I have only just managed to give it a good clean with the weather being so pants the last few days. After washing it I noticed the front bumper has a weird look to it as if the paint in cloudy. Do you think I will get anywhere if I took it back and complained now? I didn't get the car from my local dealer though as it was came from a HSBC as a lease car.

What do you think?

Cheers
Simon

Simon - are you able to post a pic or 2 to illustrate the imperfection? Try taking a pic with a strong light source so we can see if its bloom in the paint or RDS or holgramming? some of the guys on here are prety good detailers (me excepted of course:rolleyes:) and may be able to help with a really simple correction if the dealer is not interested ??

Simon_Peters

Apr 11, 2007
Weston-Super-Mare
Simon - are you able to post a pic or 2 to illustrate the imperfection? Try taking a pic with a strong light source so we can see if its bloom in the paint or RDS or holgramming? some of the guys on here are prety good detailers (me excepted of course:rolleyes:) and may be able to help with a really simple correction if the dealer is not interested ??

Thanks for your reply. I will see if I can get a decent pic the weekend and get it up on here so you can all have a nose.

Cheers
Si

Aug 20, 2005
stafford
Simon, mine is also very cloudy. Its like shadows all down the sides which is more noticible when clean. I too have some imperfections of paint spots, like a speck of dust in 5 or 6 places. I haven`t been to complain yet but have the dilemer of having my new car resprayed or having the imperfections covered up by chips away or similar which look crap a year or so down the line............... Or live with it:shrug: I suppose ideally I would want it noted incase of rust problems furthur down the line and a refund on the metalic paint option??? Or a new car:confused:

t-"RACY"

Hello,

What do you think?

Cheers
Simon

Hi Simon,

I know how you are feeling!

I had a Luna Grey FR 170 Tdi with many paint issues !!!

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=109029

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=109996

Tracy

hundleton1

Nov 10, 2007
Pembrokesihre, Wales
I have come to the conclusion that modern cars just don’t have the quality paintwork they used to, I have also been thinking about complaining about the problems I have found but to be honest the car would need a respray and is it really worth it in the end?
I have found the following issues.

Lumps in the paintwork on the bonnet directly above the drivers head light
Dust in the paintwork on the bonnet & front left hand wing
Poor paintwork on both front and rear bumpers although front drivers side looks worse, paint looks bumpy under the lacquer.

Simon_Peters

Apr 11, 2007
Weston-Super-Mare
I guess I am glad I am not on my own with this, it still stinks that they are letting their cars go out like this!

I am going to mention it to my delaer when its in or when i am passing next. I will let you know what they say!

Cheers,
Si

GAZ P

Aug 3, 2005
I had an issue with my zenith grey Leon, day after I picked it up I noticed a dull spot in the O/S/F wing and also on passengers side front edge of roof.Dealer took a look and after a few threats arranged for the car to go into their bodyshop.Dealer had the car for a week to sort and that was after waiting nearly 3 months after first reporting the problem.
Fault was due to a flaw in the lacquer and not the paint, was sorted under warranty and has since been fine.

jimbo_FRDSG

Gave my Luna Grey a good close clean last week (this has been second thorough clean since I got it). Can't say I have noticed any paint blemishes as yet BUT only just noticed a small paint chip that has obviously been touched up on the passenger door sill..... gggggrrrrhhhh never seen it before really as have never been into the car via that door. :(
Quite a lot of tar spots already though.

Also whilst cleaning spotted a very small dent in the passenger side front wheel arch....its just on that flowline crease above the wheel. Looks very like a door has been opened against it (this must have been while at the showroom or in the forecourt as I have taken great care whilst parking in car parks to prevent this happening. Its not that noticeable only if you are standing at the correct angle and the light is right, however now that I know its there .......:cry:

Guess not much I can do about it with the dealer now as should have given the car a better inspection prior to signing the handover docs. That'll teach me as I was too excited to get the wee baby out and home.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.