Paint Protection from stones/chippings etc, any ideas/advice.

Ricky

May 31, 2018
Hi Guys,
Just joined your Forum after buying Leon Cupra ST in black after getting rid of my old MKI Leon. Great car but looking at paint protection of front areas such as bonnet, front wings and grill/skirt. Also, I hear diamond turned alloys seem to degrade faster than other alloys. Wondered if anybody has some advice. Have seen 3M wrap material you can buy and do yourself, also has anybody paid for the SEAT protection system they advertise in their show rooms ?. Any ideas would be greatly received.

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Hi Guys,
Just joined your Forum after buying Leon Cupra ST in black after getting rid of my old MKI Leon. Great car but looking at paint protection of front areas such as bonnet, front wings and grill/skirt. Also, I hear diamond turned alloys seem to degrade faster than other alloys. Wondered if anybody has some advice. Have seen 3M wrap material you can buy and do yourself, also has anybody paid for the SEAT protection system they advertise in their show rooms ?. Any ideas would be greatly received.

Hi

This has been covered in the main MK3 forum.
Have a read through this thread

https://forums.seatcupra.net/index.php?threads/new-lease-ceramic-coating-where-who-what.444425/

There is another thread too which looks at paint protection.

The best type of protection sounds like it would be a a wrap (done properly). This can be expensive.

The paint protection offered by the dealership isn't bad. I have Gardx on mine and have had the car for 30 months. The paint still shines and is easy to clean. It may offer some protection against swirls, scratches and chips but it won't stop them.

The question has to be raised as to whether the dealership is going to spend the time applying it properly too given the time and volume of cars they have.

Ricky

May 31, 2018
Thanks for the info, will read thread. Looks like the best option (if you want to spend the money) is to have the front end wrapped. Will enquire about the SEAT paint coating offer too. Cheers.

virtualking

Jun 26, 2018
I am using teflon coating for my new car and I hope it will work well , I am looking for new suggestions too

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.