painting Wing Mirrors and Side Strips

Engram

I'm about to have my rub-strips sprayed. The chap who's doing it says that sanding the plastic doesn't achieve the best finish. (Because plastic doesn't like to be sanded, as anyone who's tried 'reconfiguring' their dashboard will tell you).

He's going to spray them with plastic primer, then (two-pack?) paint, sand that flat, then carry on from there. He thinks that will get them properly smooth. Basically, building up a layer of 'sandable' primer/paint on them is the key.

Triple D

It does make a hell of a difference tbh, as it looks **** with them as plastic and when you polish the car and it gets in them, its a ******* to get off.

weemush

weemush
Feb 9, 2010
Aberdeen, scotland
I painted the side mirrors and side strips myself (brave i know) lol but looks good and a good match. It is annoyin doing the strips on ur car have to be careful when sanding them down!

Alex 17

No Smoke No Poke
Aug 17, 2008
Bedale - North yorkshire
What colour you after for mirrors , You can buy any colour from the stealers that are made for the ibiza? either way they just pull off when ur mirrors are folded and pull hard!

As for rubstrips the first owner had them done on my car before i got it.. He did mention how it was done but i cant remember!

Anyway came out like this
IphonePictures6632.jpg

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.