panel filter or cone

daz2282

dazza
Oct 13, 2006
ayrshire scotland
hi folks planning on changing my air filter what would you's recommend a panel filter or cone i have a remapped cupra tdi. any suggestions would be grateful and wheres the best place to purchase them

Guffers

Resident Engineer
Apr 18, 2007
Get a universal cone filter from Halfords, I've got one on mine and it increases the sound 100 fold!

Also only 25 notes

P1000305.jpg

neilo42

Apr 12, 2008
horbury wakefield w yorkshire
cones do sound well, but for performance gains i think the panels have it ,just taken my cone of and put back to a green filter and feels so much more responsive..but i do do miss the sound of the cone!!

Apr 27, 2008
yes mate, the one in the link will do the job. my cars running 205bhp and its fine, even though it says 130bhp rating

daz2282

dazza
Oct 13, 2006
ayrshire scotland
just had a look at some of ur pics ur car looks great mate mines is a black 1 to. the splitter sets it off so muc wheres the bestplace to get my hands on 1

cupra1981r

:confused:just back on the subject of filters... i've got cupra tdi with remap to, would car drive ok just bolting 1 in or would it really need another map??

still undecided about panel or cone....?!?!? hmm...

:confused:

Apr 27, 2008
you car will be fine mate, iv put a panel filter and full turbo-back exhaust on my remapped cupra tdi and it runs better now that there on.

i think the panel filter provides the best gains out of the two. it makes the car rev more freely and makes a perfect match with the pd160 intake, but doesn't give the same sort of sound you get with the cone.

cupra1981r

thanks for reply mate!

i'll bare that in mind then, do you get any induction noise from your panel? what brand is it?

cupra1981r

ok cool.

silly question being a diesel, but is it actually a nice induction sound?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise