Parcel Shelf

Ashleigh

Just wondering, have had my Toledo for about 3 months now and am very pleased with it. The parcel shelf has the drop down tray fitted under it, now I not sure but should this have some sort of catch to hold it up when the boot is open?
As it hangs down whilst the boot is open it sometimes interfers with large items I'm putting in the boot, some form of catch surely would hold this up out of the way. Is this a design flaw by Seat or is it just my car that is missing this, can't remember if the car in the showroom had this or not?:shrug:

Ashleigh

Just in case anyone is interested the car has 3k on it and is averaging 48mpg, oh and the car is a 07 spec model, despite every dealer I visited telling me that no one could supply a 07 spec (this was in Oct) and certainly not at a discounted price :p

Nov 2, 2006
Annaghmore
bebo.com
Just wondering, have had my Toledo for about 3 months now and am very pleased with it. The parcel shelf has the drop down tray fitted under it, now I not sure but should this have some sort of catch to hold it up when the boot is open?
As it hangs down whilst the boot is open it sometimes interfers with large items I'm putting in the boot, some form of catch surely would hold this up out of the way. Is this a design flaw by Seat or is it just my car that is missing this, can't remember if the car in the showroom had this or not?:shrug:

I would say that you are missing this catch, it is just an swivel catch that jams the tray up against the underside of the parcel shelf, i have an oct '05 model and have this. Wouldnt be much good if you had a few loose items that fell out everytime you opened the boot!:doh:

S-X-I

My dad has an 07 spec Toledo and it also does not have a catch on the parcel shelf

streetkid

My 05 spec has this catch. Very wierd to hear that some have the shelf with no clip?

HertsHammer

My 06 Toledo has a catch on the tray. Talking of missing items - does anyone have a spare wheel?

Nov 2, 2006
Annaghmore
bebo.com
Spare wheel was optional on older Alteas/Toledo's i think, i didnt have one, just the wonder weld stuff, had warranty work done and blagged a set of matts and a spare wheel!

ALTEA

By the way spare wheels were optional on the earlier cars. They've been standard for about the last 6 months. its worth getting one though as the tyre repair kit is a waste of time for larger puntures as I once found out. cost about 140 quid from steelers or if ur lucky enough one off a mk5 golf in a brakers yard should do the job. also how do you know that your car is 07 spec.? I would have thought that all 07 specs have spares. check what model year you car is and ring customer services to find out if it should have one and if it should, get one off them!

Last edited by a moderator:

streetkid

Mines got a spare. Which i am pleased about, just wish it had been sunk a bit lower, takes alot of boot space.

Does anyone achually use the boot without the false floor?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.