Parcel Tray hook broken.

iScoTT29

May 18, 2017
The other day when closing the boot I heard a snapping sound followed by a 'ping' of plastic hitting more plastic. The left side parcel tray hook (A) has snapped off. Its a small moulded plastic section that the string of the parcel tray clips onto. I tried looking for the piece that snapped off but haven't had any luck as I was going to glue it back on. Anybody got any ideas if this could be claimed under warranty or how to fix this? As it could require a new trim section as its a moulded piece.

Capture.PNG

CHimself

Feb 18, 2019
The other day when closing the boot I heard a snapping sound followed by a 'ping' of plastic hitting more plastic. The left side parcel tray hook (A) has snapped off. Its a small moulded plastic section that the string of the parcel tray clips onto. I tried looking for the piece that snapped off but haven't had any luck as I was going to glue it back on. Anybody got any ideas if this could be claimed under warranty or how to fix this? As it could require a new trim section as its a moulded piece.

View attachment 7534

Same has happened to mine, hopping on to your post in hope someone has some suggestions :cheers:

black_sheep

Mar 10, 2013
You’ll have to replace the rear trim labelled under part number 1 (note: this is for a MY2016 model).

http://www.oemepc.com/seat/part_sin...867/subcategory/867090/part_id/1400453/lang/e

The end of the part number will differ depending on the colour - TPS or dealer will be able to source the correct part from the VIN or Reg No.

The parts are a relatively easy DIY job with a set of plastic trim removal tools and some confidence. Use the new trim to identify the locating lugs/clips when removing the old one. Should be 30 mins max to remove/replace, and the plastic trim parts are usually significantly less than you would expect.

iScoTT29

May 18, 2017
You’ll have to replace the rear trim labelled under part number 1 (note: this is for a MY2016 model).

http://www.oemepc.com/seat/part_sin...867/subcategory/867090/part_id/1400453/lang/e

The end of the part number will differ depending on the colour - TPS or dealer will be able to source the correct part from the VIN or Reg No.

The parts are a relatively easy DIY job with a set of plastic trim removal tools and some confidence. Use the new trim to identify the locating lugs/clips when removing the old one. Should be 30 mins max to remove/replace, and the plastic trim parts are usually significantly less than you would expect.

Cheers! It needs done so I may as well attempt it myself.

JCM27

Apr 15, 2019
Yup, it's a whole trim job. Mine broke and replaced under warranty :D

Jordan Neill

Nov 25, 2018
I had the same problem...bought these.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Seat-Leon-Ibiza-Vw-Golf-1997-Genuine-parcel-shelf-clips-pegs-x2-1M6867574A/222878312108?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649
Worked a treat....just don't drill the hole too big. Start by drilling with a smaller hole and then enlarge it if it's not big enough. The center pin can be hard to push in with just your fingers so I used a block of wood and pressed it in. Hope this helps.
I'm going to try this, hopefully they fit they cupra 280

Reactions: Cheriton