Park Pilot

thecalstanley

Sep 21, 2017
Manchester, UK
Hi,

Anyone know if it’s possible to enable Park Pilot on 2014 model car using the Carista?

I’m certain I’ve seen posts on here where people have enabled it, just tried it on my car and the option isn’t there! (Do you need the beta version?)

Norbert

Oct 16, 2018
Hi
I did on my 2017 and i got beta too.
The support with carista really good and always try to help.They told me dont need beta for this.
Customize-instrument-display-ding-park distance visualisation

thecalstanley

Sep 21, 2017
Manchester, UK
Hi
I did on my 2017 and i got beta too.
The support with carista really good and always try to help.They told me dont need beta for this.
Customize-instrument-display-ding-park distance visualisation

Ah, I was looking the the words park pilot so probs missed it! I’ll have a look again later.

Already emailed Carista support, so if it’s not there then hopefully they can help me out.

Norbert

Oct 16, 2018
Bit difficulty to find i had to email them.
Always take 24 hours reply back.

SteveGSXR600K1

May 6, 2017
I'm surprised a 2014 hasn't got it, as I'm assuming you have front and rear parking sensors. It's only those unfortunates like myself who have a standard MY2016/17 where SEAT decided to drop the front parking sensors, and therefore you don't get the ParkPilot. The primary reason I bought a Carista was to enable ParkPilot. I think it was called something like 'Park Distance Visualization'.

Norbert

Oct 16, 2018
Do you mean parkpilot screen or autoparking function?
Screen work fine but autopark i think need front sensor and more.

SitdownandhaveaCupratea

Oct 14, 2018
Do you mean parkpilot screen or autoparking function?
Screen work fine but autopark i think need front sensor and more.
On the Audi A3 you can press a button and it basically controls the steering for you (you put it in forward and reverse) and guides you using the sensors.

Norbert

Oct 16, 2018
Yes i think seat can do same but need front sensor and more not basic level cars.
But basic rear sensor can show on screen the distance and better than beeping

SitdownandhaveaCupratea

Oct 14, 2018
Yes i think seat can do same but need front sensor and more not basic level cars.
But basic rear sensor can show on screen the distance and better than beeping
Hmm so you can have it where the car actually controls the steering automatically when parking on the Cupras? Is this certain? :)

Norbert

Oct 16, 2018
watch

Reactions: MartyK

thecalstanley

Sep 21, 2017
Manchester, UK
This is what carista can activate.

That's exactly what I'm after! The options not showing on the app though so I'm sending the debug data to Carista to figure out why.

I think I've got aftermarket sensors on mine (Bought it with them already installed) so that might explain why the option isn't there but if they are genuine and I can enable it, would be nice to have.

Norbert

Oct 16, 2018
First thing was for me too.second turn off start/stop
I got electric car with 4 cameras around and now this car just beeping like back to ‘80.
Next week will be fitted the revesrse camera...

SteveGSXR600K1

May 6, 2017
Holy friggen crap... this can be activated on all Cupras? :rock:
I don't think it was just Cupras, and it can't be just activated with the likes of Carista or OBDeleven as it has more parking sensors on the side of the car. I had Ford's Park Assist on a Focus, and never used it once! Their first go at auto parking would only do parallel parking (which I never had the need to), then they changed it to be able to do perpendicular parking.

SitdownandhaveaCupratea

Oct 14, 2018
I don't think it was just Cupras, and it can't be just activated with the likes of Carista or OBDeleven as it has more parking sensors on the side of the car. I had Ford's Park Assist on a Focus, and never used it once! Their first go at auto parking would only do parallel parking (which I never had the need to), then they changed it to be able to do perpendicular parking.
Ok thanks for the info. So basically my main question is... can it be activated on any Cupra 300 4drive 2018 or newer that has the full sensor package?

My car has:

• Parking assistance front and rear with optical display
  • Rear camera

Cheers. :)

Last edited:

davidstarkey11

Jun 7, 2015
Newcastle upon Tyne
In order for the car to park itself, there is a sensor above each wheel (on the wheel arch) as well as the 4 on the front and 4 on the back. I was told this when I asked my dealer if I have it. I assumed I did (FR Technology) but apparently not, he said it was quite a rare option on FRs normally just seen on Cupras.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members